Aug 11, 2011, 1:01 PM EST
You can’t buy love, but you can buy a walkway.
That’s sort of what Vince Carter did with a massive donation to North Carolina basketball. The walkway up to the Dean Dome will now be named after Carter, according to TarHeelBlue.com (via I am a GM).
Former University of North Carolina All-America Vince Carter has made a $2.5 million donation to the Carolina Basketball Family Fund, head coach Roy Williams announced on Wednesday.
The gift is the largest to date to the Family Fund, which paid for the renovations of the basketball offices in the Smith Center in 2010 and will support the operating endowment for the men’s basketball program for years to come. Lettermen’s Lane, the brick walkway between the Smith Center and the Koury Natatorium, will be named for Carter.
There are a number of Toronto Raptors fans who want to step on Carter, but this is not exactly what they were thinking of.
Don’t worry, Vince can afford this, he has made $134 million over the course of his NBA career in salary alone. He has an $18 million team option for next season that nobody expects the Suns to pick up.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 7
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7