Shaq names the five NBA players he’d most want to fight

Aug 11, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT

Image (1) Shaq_fist-thumb-250x374-20454.jpg for post 4198

Shaquille O’Neal, out of the NBA and into the studio, remains one of the most interesting personalities in the sport. Because he’s up for anything.

Such as going on Inside MMA television and naming the five NBA players he’d most want to fight.

Some interesting answers, and frankly I’d pay to see a Shaq vs. Charles Oakley throwdown. Even now, but if you could go back a dozen or so years it would be really interesting. And Shaq also lists the one NBA player I most wanted to punch as a fan growing up — Danny Ainge. (It’s a Lakers/Celtics thing, and he just bugged me.)

Hat tip to Got ‘Em Coach for the vid.

1. 00maltliquor - Aug 12, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Kevin Garnett, DeMarcus Cousins, Kendrick Perkins, Bruce Bowen, Michael Beasley (*non-player: DAVID STERN, Steve Javie)

• skids003 - Aug 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I’d like to see Shaq beat the crap out of COusins.

2. florida727 - Aug 12, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Here’s the five NBA players I’d most like to see SHUT UP…

1) Shaq
    2) Shaq
    3) Shaq
    4) Shaq
    5) Shaq

• 1historian - Dec 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM

I agree with you in principle but you should have said EX-NBA players.

• zapainhurtzalot - Apr 30, 2013 at 10:26 AM

AGREED!!!!!!!! So tired of the “Shaq Barrage” of commercials, his own show and his endless smack talk about his “glory days”.

I’d love to see him fight anyone, don’t care who it is. He’s so damn clumsy he’d get his a** whipped in no time flat.

The biggest smack talkers are always the ones who are the biggest pud whackers anyway.

STFU Shaq!!!!!!!!

3. saudishot - Aug 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM

It was Tree Rollins who almost bit Ainge’s finger off.

4. dabone412 - Aug 12, 2011 at 12:12 PM

The only problem with Shaq’s logic is Tree bit Ainge’s finger not vice-versa. Hate the Celtics and Ainge but facts are facts.

5. thetooloftools - Aug 24, 2011 at 12:50 AM

Charles Oakely would kick Shaq’s ass.
    Be careful what you wish for big guy.
    He would curb stomp you.
    I would pay to see you tap the hell out after he busted you up and you were sweating like a pig in pain. You wouldn’t make it one round with THE OAK.
    He would bust you up and make you like it.

6. suhnum1fan - Oct 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Snack Oatmeal can’t beat his ex. wife

7. pogodog7 - Nov 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM

He forgot Spud Web.

8. billsfanaddict - Jan 8, 2012 at 2:23 AM

mainevent
    Hershel Walker* VS Charles Oakley
    undercard
    Bill Lambier VS Scottie Pippen
    —and—
    Shaquille ONeal VS Spud Webb/Spuddz MacKenzie/Muggsy Bogues {{simultaneously, dressed like leprachauns}}

…that can happen on PPV right this instant & ill git down to a hooters (or sumptin) so i can watch it

9. cinnalocks - Jan 26, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Obviously none of you have dried behind the ears or have no memory. Charles and Shaq did go at it and they both threw punches in an NBA game. If you did see that…… none of you would ever want to see either of them fight again…..like watching two lil girls who have never had a fight. Neither connected.

10. lifewps - Feb 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I thought for sure he would have said Dwight Howard….but by the way hed be crazy to mess with Karl Malone. That dude would clean his clock.

11. ndirishguy - Feb 8, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Good thing he didn’t mention Wilt who would have beat him to a bloody pulp.

12. mbuda732 - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Love how 2 old school Knicks are the top 5 he would wanna fight!! GO NY GO NY GO!

• knightrider1755 - Jun 4, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Neither one retired as a Knick.

13. lawrinson20 - Apr 23, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I don’t like Shaq. But, i would pay five whole yu-ess dollars to see him punch Kevin Garnet square in the eye.

14. knightrider1755 - Jun 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Shaq versus Metta World Peace.

15. jg725 - Jul 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I think barkley already threw shaq on his butt before the refs stepped in……..

16. soondalo - Jan 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Maurice Lucas can still kick Shaq’s butt today.

17. mazblast - Jan 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Oakley would kick Shaq’s big butt. Oakley would kick Chuck Norris’ butt. I never liked the guy, but boy, did I respect how he played.

Shaq/Barkley–All hot air, no punches landed.

Shaq/Malone–I’d take Malone. He’d stick and move, stick and move.

Shaq/X-Man–Interesting. If David Stern appointed the ref, the decision would go to Shaq; otherwise, a fair fight.

Shaq/Ainge–The twerp would never agree to it, but if he did, Shaq would never be able to catch him. 0-0 on points.

The guy I’d like to see fighting Shaq is Bill Laimbeer, just so Laimbeer would finally get the a**-whuppin’ he deserves. Dirtiest player ever.

18. Eric Angevine - Apr 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I guess there will be no Greg Ostertag rematch?

19. jollyjoker2 - Apr 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Shaq versus Laimbeer…I would take Laimbeer as he would probably poke his eyes out first , then kick him in groin than break his knees. My kind of fighter. Fight to win, no sissy’s allowed.

Heat can make playoffs without LeBron
Top 10 NBA Player Searches