Aug 11, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
You should be watching Parks and Recreation Thursday nights.
I say that not because my paychecks come out of 30 Rock — well not completely — I say that because it’s just damn funny. I say that because Ron Swanson is one of the best, most original characters on television right now. I say that because the show runner (Michael Schur) was part of one of the best blogs ever, Fire Joe Morgan.
We’re big fans here — we have the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness NBA style.
Another reason to watch – the Pacers Roy Hibbert is going to be on the show next season.
Lots of fun on the set of Park & Rec. Aziz Anzari & Ben Schwartz are hilarious! Gotta give it up for Roy Hibbert for his first acting gig!
The show is based around the Parks and Recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. Fitting in a Pacer player as a basketball consultant actually fits with the show story arc well. And Hibbert is a perfect choice.
But if you take one thing away from this post, it should not be that Schrempf tweets, it should be that you need to be watching Parks and Recreation. It’s good.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29