Aug 11, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
You should be watching Parks and Recreation Thursday nights.
I say that not because my paychecks come out of 30 Rock — well not completely — I say that because it’s just damn funny. I say that because Ron Swanson is one of the best, most original characters on television right now. I say that because the show runner (Michael Schur) was part of one of the best blogs ever, Fire Joe Morgan.
We’re big fans here — we have the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness NBA style.
Another reason to watch – the Pacers Roy Hibbert is going to be on the show next season.
Lots of fun on the set of Park & Rec. Aziz Anzari & Ben Schwartz are hilarious! Gotta give it up for Roy Hibbert for his first acting gig!
The show is based around the Parks and Recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. Fitting in a Pacer player as a basketball consultant actually fits with the show story arc well. And Hibbert is a perfect choice.
But if you take one thing away from this post, it should not be that Schrempf tweets, it should be that you need to be watching Parks and Recreation. It’s good.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61