Aug 11, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
You should be watching Parks and Recreation Thursday nights.
I say that not because my paychecks come out of 30 Rock — well not completely — I say that because it’s just damn funny. I say that because Ron Swanson is one of the best, most original characters on television right now. I say that because the show runner (Michael Schur) was part of one of the best blogs ever, Fire Joe Morgan.
We’re big fans here — we have the Ron Swanson Pyramid of Greatness NBA style.
Another reason to watch – the Pacers Roy Hibbert is going to be on the show next season.
Lots of fun on the set of Park & Rec. Aziz Anzari & Ben Schwartz are hilarious! Gotta give it up for Roy Hibbert for his first acting gig!
The show is based around the Parks and Recreation department in the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. Fitting in a Pacer player as a basketball consultant actually fits with the show story arc well. And Hibbert is a perfect choice.
But if you take one thing away from this post, it should not be that Schrempf tweets, it should be that you need to be watching Parks and Recreation. It’s good.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 3
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 20
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49