Aug 11, 2011, 3:24 PM EDT
Looks like Avery Johnson is brining in some real big-chair experience to the Nets bench.
P.J. Carlesimo is a strong candidate to join Avery Johnson’s coaching staff in New Jersey, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Carlesimo has six full seasons and a few partial ones as a head coach, plus he has been an assistant in a number of places including in San Antonio when Tim Duncan was winning them titles. Carlesimo is a good guy to have on a bench, if they get him this is a good hire.
- It’s confirmed: Phil Jackson returns to Knicks to head up front office, revive franchise 9
- Kevin Durant: Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan are greatest of all time 48
- LeBron James becomes Obamacare pitchman 36
- Report: Houston Rockets to pursue Carmelo Anthony this summer 30
- The Extra Pass: Talking “Summer Dreams” with producer of Summer League documentary 0