Aug 11, 2011, 8:54 AM EDT
Kenyon Martin is going to be one of the more sought after free agents in the mad scramble that will be post-lockout free agency (did you see how things went in the condensed NFL free agency?).
He looks like a guy clearing the way for one more big kick at the can, and likely moving on from Denver because of it.
For one, he has fired long-time agent Brian Dyke, reports the Denver Post. It was Dyke that helped Martin secure a seven-year, $90 million deal that just ended — whatever Martin gets now, it will be nowhere near those numbers. Not at age 34 and scoring 8.6 points per game as he did last season. Martin is looking for a new agent currently.
Martin also has put his Denver-area home up for sale, reports celebritydetective.com. The house is big and stunning — seven bedroom, nine bathroom, on a two acre lot. The original asking price was $3.2 million. (Martin has another home in the Los Angeles area.)
Who knows what will happen with free agency, but a new agent and selling his Denver home makes it look like he is ready to get out of Denver and go where the market takes him.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18