Aug 11, 2011, 8:54 AM EST
Kenyon Martin is going to be one of the more sought after free agents in the mad scramble that will be post-lockout free agency (did you see how things went in the condensed NFL free agency?).
He looks like a guy clearing the way for one more big kick at the can, and likely moving on from Denver because of it.
For one, he has fired long-time agent Brian Dyke, reports the Denver Post. It was Dyke that helped Martin secure a seven-year, $90 million deal that just ended — whatever Martin gets now, it will be nowhere near those numbers. Not at age 34 and scoring 8.6 points per game as he did last season. Martin is looking for a new agent currently.
Martin also has put his Denver-area home up for sale, reports celebritydetective.com. The house is big and stunning — seven bedroom, nine bathroom, on a two acre lot. The original asking price was $3.2 million. (Martin has another home in the Los Angeles area.)
Who knows what will happen with free agency, but a new agent and selling his Denver home makes it look like he is ready to get out of Denver and go where the market takes him.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10