Aug 11, 2011, 8:54 AM EDT
Kenyon Martin is going to be one of the more sought after free agents in the mad scramble that will be post-lockout free agency (did you see how things went in the condensed NFL free agency?).
He looks like a guy clearing the way for one more big kick at the can, and likely moving on from Denver because of it.
For one, he has fired long-time agent Brian Dyke, reports the Denver Post. It was Dyke that helped Martin secure a seven-year, $90 million deal that just ended — whatever Martin gets now, it will be nowhere near those numbers. Not at age 34 and scoring 8.6 points per game as he did last season. Martin is looking for a new agent currently.
Martin also has put his Denver-area home up for sale, reports celebritydetective.com. The house is big and stunning — seven bedroom, nine bathroom, on a two acre lot. The original asking price was $3.2 million. (Martin has another home in the Los Angeles area.)
Who knows what will happen with free agency, but a new agent and selling his Denver home makes it look like he is ready to get out of Denver and go where the market takes him.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3