Aug 11, 2011, 8:54 AM EDT
Kenyon Martin is going to be one of the more sought after free agents in the mad scramble that will be post-lockout free agency (did you see how things went in the condensed NFL free agency?).
He looks like a guy clearing the way for one more big kick at the can, and likely moving on from Denver because of it.
For one, he has fired long-time agent Brian Dyke, reports the Denver Post. It was Dyke that helped Martin secure a seven-year, $90 million deal that just ended — whatever Martin gets now, it will be nowhere near those numbers. Not at age 34 and scoring 8.6 points per game as he did last season. Martin is looking for a new agent currently.
Martin also has put his Denver-area home up for sale, reports celebritydetective.com. The house is big and stunning — seven bedroom, nine bathroom, on a two acre lot. The original asking price was $3.2 million. (Martin has another home in the Los Angeles area.)
Who knows what will happen with free agency, but a new agent and selling his Denver home makes it look like he is ready to get out of Denver and go where the market takes him.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50