Aug 11, 2011, 2:57 PM EDT
John Wall went to play in his old back yard Wednesday night, and the fans ripped him.
Wall played in the North Carolina’s SJG Pro-Am in Durham (he grew up in nearby Raleigh) and got booed. A lot.
I don’t get it. Wall seems a genuine, down to earth guy (in my limited dealings with him anyway) who does charity work and keeps his nose clean. And he can flat out ball — he went off for 36 in the game (his team still lost). Did he talk some smack? Damn straight, it’s a pro-am, everybody’s talking. Not sure why boos rained down on him because of it.
But Wall heard them. He tweeted about it.
Heard a had a lot of booo’s and haters out there tonite…but thanks y’all give me more motivation to keep workin…Thanks
It amaze me what I try to do for my hometown and get treated…but that’s how it goes in life…Glad I know who my fam,brovas and real Friends are…luv ya”ll we on the way to the top
Here’s the video, you get to hear some of the boos — I still don’t get it — and watch some good ball. Check out the ally-oop finish at the 1:05 mark.
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 5
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 16
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 14
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 70
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 66
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14