Which shoe is uglier: Wall’s new Zig or LeBron 8 in denim?

Aug 10, 2011, 4:09 PM EDT

lebronjamesdenimsneakers_0

I’m no shoe expert — heck, I once ran a blog sponsored by PONY and still have some in my closet — but, to borrow a phrase from the art world, I know what I like.

And I don’t like these.

Below are two shots of new shoes. The first is John Wall’s new Reebok Zig Encore. Ben over at Eye on Basketball asked the right question: Does Reebok really like this technology and look, or have they invested so much they refuse to fold and move on?

source:

Now we have the Nike LeBron 8 in denim. Yes Denim. (Via I am a GM and Modern-Noteriety)

source:

Now for the big question: Which is uglier? As much as I don’t want to wear the Zigs, I’d rather be seen in those than denim Nikes. But it’s close. What do you think?

1. cosanostra71 - Aug 10, 2011 at 4:20 PM

the LeBron shoe simply because I have no idea why you would want to make a denim shoe

2. dcbassguy - Aug 10, 2011 at 4:35 PM

1976 called, it wants it’s denim sneakers back.

3. redbear18 - Aug 10, 2011 at 4:43 PM

The Zigs really don’t look that bad. The denim shoes on the other hand…

4. 00maltliquor - Aug 10, 2011 at 11:29 PM

The Zigs are really not that bad. I’m actually kinda diggin’ them (they sure arn’t the worst b ball shoes i’ve ever seen!). The denim ones ehhh, not so much. Wall wins.

5. downtowndanny - Aug 11, 2011 at 1:26 AM

in terms of ballin, my body type is more like Walls than Lebron, so i’d probably run with the zigs. I find Lebrons too bulky, but i’m not 6’8 250. I think the denim is more for the shoe heads that wanna floss with jeans on. Walls joints win this easy

6. blueintown - Aug 11, 2011 at 6:58 AM

LeBron’s shoe because he is a scum-sucking parasite responsible for this nation’s current economic downturn.

7. rbrown4495 - Aug 11, 2011 at 8:36 AM

lebrons shoes obviously are not for the youngsters to play basketball in, they are to wear with your outfit at the club or for styling and profiling and if you understand how young people dress it will work.

8. eazye76 - Aug 11, 2011 at 1:23 PM

The Zig looks a little odd, but it’s not that bad, the denim is horrible.

9. pvaz869 - Aug 11, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I like the shoe with the mouthpiece… it looks like it works harder than the “business casual” b-ball shoe

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches