Aug 10, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
After Ron Artest tweeted to the world the picture of his name on a Cheshire Jets jersey and a whole lot of “Jets are the Best” a number of outlets reported that Artest had signed to play with the English team.
Except, he hasn’t signed. Not yet.
He tweeted this on Tuesday night.
“First I have to do my tv show first Then Finland for a week Then right to Uk But when lakers call You already know !!!”
He’ll be in Great Brittan soon and will speak with the team then, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Ron Artest will be in the United Kingdom from Aug. 18 to 23 to speak with officials with the British Basketball League’s Cheshire Jets about possibly playing overseas with them during the NBA lockout, Artest’s publicist, Courtney Barnes, said Tuesday evening.
Artest is clearly interested in playing over there, but this is Artest — he’s interested in a lot of things. His attention bounces from one to the next like a teenager. He may decide he’s in and then change his mind and then change it again a dozen times between now and when he has to make a final call.
I think Artest would have fun playing in England, even if it is not the most challenging of European leagues. Whether he will or not is anybody’s guess.
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 8
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20