Aug 10, 2011, 8:01 AM EST
After Ron Artest tweeted to the world the picture of his name on a Cheshire Jets jersey and a whole lot of “Jets are the Best” a number of outlets reported that Artest had signed to play with the English team.
Except, he hasn’t signed. Not yet.
He tweeted this on Tuesday night.
“First I have to do my tv show first Then Finland for a week Then right to Uk But when lakers call You already know !!!”
He’ll be in Great Brittan soon and will speak with the team then, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Ron Artest will be in the United Kingdom from Aug. 18 to 23 to speak with officials with the British Basketball League’s Cheshire Jets about possibly playing overseas with them during the NBA lockout, Artest’s publicist, Courtney Barnes, said Tuesday evening.
Artest is clearly interested in playing over there, but this is Artest — he’s interested in a lot of things. His attention bounces from one to the next like a teenager. He may decide he’s in and then change his mind and then change it again a dozen times between now and when he has to make a final call.
I think Artest would have fun playing in England, even if it is not the most challenging of European leagues. Whether he will or not is anybody’s guess.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)