Aug 10, 2011, 8:01 AM EST
After Ron Artest tweeted to the world the picture of his name on a Cheshire Jets jersey and a whole lot of “Jets are the Best” a number of outlets reported that Artest had signed to play with the English team.
Except, he hasn’t signed. Not yet.
He tweeted this on Tuesday night.
“First I have to do my tv show first Then Finland for a week Then right to Uk But when lakers call You already know !!!”
He’ll be in Great Brittan soon and will speak with the team then, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Ron Artest will be in the United Kingdom from Aug. 18 to 23 to speak with officials with the British Basketball League’s Cheshire Jets about possibly playing overseas with them during the NBA lockout, Artest’s publicist, Courtney Barnes, said Tuesday evening.
Artest is clearly interested in playing over there, but this is Artest — he’s interested in a lot of things. His attention bounces from one to the next like a teenager. He may decide he’s in and then change his mind and then change it again a dozen times between now and when he has to make a final call.
I think Artest would have fun playing in England, even if it is not the most challenging of European leagues. Whether he will or not is anybody’s guess.
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 0
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 4
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8