Aug 10, 2011, 8:01 AM EDT
After Ron Artest tweeted to the world the picture of his name on a Cheshire Jets jersey and a whole lot of “Jets are the Best” a number of outlets reported that Artest had signed to play with the English team.
Except, he hasn’t signed. Not yet.
He tweeted this on Tuesday night.
“First I have to do my tv show first Then Finland for a week Then right to Uk But when lakers call You already know !!!”
He’ll be in Great Brittan soon and will speak with the team then, reports the Los Angeles Times.
Lakers forward Ron Artest will be in the United Kingdom from Aug. 18 to 23 to speak with officials with the British Basketball League’s Cheshire Jets about possibly playing overseas with them during the NBA lockout, Artest’s publicist, Courtney Barnes, said Tuesday evening.
Artest is clearly interested in playing over there, but this is Artest — he’s interested in a lot of things. His attention bounces from one to the next like a teenager. He may decide he’s in and then change his mind and then change it again a dozen times between now and when he has to make a final call.
I think Artest would have fun playing in England, even if it is not the most challenging of European leagues. Whether he will or not is anybody’s guess.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48