Aug 10, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
The 2012 All-Star Game will be at the brand new Amway Center in Orlando. Well, if there is a 2012 All-Star Game (remember last lockout the All-Star Game was a casualty to the owners and players greed).
There will be one by 2013, and it looks like we may be going back deep into the heart of Texas.
NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports the Houston Rockets and the City of Houston landed the NBA All-Star Game in 2013.
The game will be played at Toyota Center on Feb. 17, 2013. NBA All-Star week will be Feb. 15-17.
The 2006 experience got mixed reviews from event attendees. The NBA (like the NFL does with the Super Bowl) likes to keep the event in a warm-weather city most years because this is a three-day long party that includes some outdoor events and concerts. Hence Los Angeles this past season and Orlando next season (if there is a next season). The league even went to Las Vegas once even though there is no NBA team there (never again by the way, the locals hated it).
That said, in the next couple years expect the new Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn to grab one game.
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 1
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 10
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10