Aug 10, 2011, 7:02 PM EST
The 2012 All-Star Game will be at the brand new Amway Center in Orlando. Well, if there is a 2012 All-Star Game (remember last lockout the All-Star Game was a casualty to the owners and players greed).
There will be one by 2013, and it looks like we may be going back deep into the heart of Texas.
NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports the Houston Rockets and the City of Houston landed the NBA All-Star Game in 2013.
The game will be played at Toyota Center on Feb. 17, 2013. NBA All-Star week will be Feb. 15-17.
The 2006 experience got mixed reviews from event attendees. The NBA (like the NFL does with the Super Bowl) likes to keep the event in a warm-weather city most years because this is a three-day long party that includes some outdoor events and concerts. Hence Los Angeles this past season and Orlando next season (if there is a next season). The league even went to Las Vegas once even though there is no NBA team there (never again by the way, the locals hated it).
That said, in the next couple years expect the new Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn to grab one game.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 1
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 2
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 8
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 8
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)