Aug 10, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
The 2012 All-Star Game will be at the brand new Amway Center in Orlando. Well, if there is a 2012 All-Star Game (remember last lockout the All-Star Game was a casualty to the owners and players greed).
There will be one by 2013, and it looks like we may be going back deep into the heart of Texas.
NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports the Houston Rockets and the City of Houston landed the NBA All-Star Game in 2013.
The game will be played at Toyota Center on Feb. 17, 2013. NBA All-Star week will be Feb. 15-17.
The 2006 experience got mixed reviews from event attendees. The NBA (like the NFL does with the Super Bowl) likes to keep the event in a warm-weather city most years because this is a three-day long party that includes some outdoor events and concerts. Hence Los Angeles this past season and Orlando next season (if there is a next season). The league even went to Las Vegas once even though there is no NBA team there (never again by the way, the locals hated it).
That said, in the next couple years expect the new Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn to grab one game.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 16
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 20
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury