Aug 10, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Chris Mullin is headed into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame on Friday, maybe the most legendary of Warrior players to enter the Hall (you can argue Rick Barry if you want).
Fittingly Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com has done a series of interesting interviews with Mullin talking about his career.
Wednesday’s installment: Who was the best….. For example, Mullin said Chris Webber was the best big man teammate he ever had. As for a couple other categories.
BEST TEAMMATE: Mitch Richmond. “No doubt,” said Mullin. “I still remember the day he came to my hotel room — it was before a game — and told me he’d been traded (by the Warriors to Sacramento). We were both — like — in shock.”
TOUGHEST DEFENDER: Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. “They could smother you,” Mullin said. “Those two … I didn’t really play against them a lot playing here (in Golden State). In Indiana — I wish I would have been a little younger, but those two were the toughest.”
Also interesting, his most underrated player: Sarunas Marciulionis.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40