Aug 10, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Chris Mullin is headed into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame on Friday, maybe the most legendary of Warrior players to enter the Hall (you can argue Rick Barry if you want).
Fittingly Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com has done a series of interesting interviews with Mullin talking about his career.
Wednesday’s installment: Who was the best….. For example, Mullin said Chris Webber was the best big man teammate he ever had. As for a couple other categories.
BEST TEAMMATE: Mitch Richmond. “No doubt,” said Mullin. “I still remember the day he came to my hotel room — it was before a game — and told me he’d been traded (by the Warriors to Sacramento). We were both — like — in shock.”
TOUGHEST DEFENDER: Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. “They could smother you,” Mullin said. “Those two … I didn’t really play against them a lot playing here (in Golden State). In Indiana — I wish I would have been a little younger, but those two were the toughest.”
Also interesting, his most underrated player: Sarunas Marciulionis.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 0
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Chicago Bulls vs. Washington Wizards 11
- Report: Steve Kerr “expects” to be offered, will take Knicks coaching job 10
- Why shot-location defense matters 6