Aug 10, 2011, 6:00 PM EDT
Chris Mullin is headed into the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame on Friday, maybe the most legendary of Warrior players to enter the Hall (you can argue Rick Barry if you want).
Fittingly Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com has done a series of interesting interviews with Mullin talking about his career.
Wednesday’s installment: Who was the best….. For example, Mullin said Chris Webber was the best big man teammate he ever had. As for a couple other categories.
BEST TEAMMATE: Mitch Richmond. “No doubt,” said Mullin. “I still remember the day he came to my hotel room — it was before a game — and told me he’d been traded (by the Warriors to Sacramento). We were both — like — in shock.”
TOUGHEST DEFENDER: Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen. “They could smother you,” Mullin said. “Those two … I didn’t really play against them a lot playing here (in Golden State). In Indiana — I wish I would have been a little younger, but those two were the toughest.”
Also interesting, his most underrated player: Sarunas Marciulionis.
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 0
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 15
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 3
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8