Aug 10, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
When we told you about a wild kidnapping and beating case in Los Angeles that involved gang members, orders from Shaquille O’Neal, and an alleged sex tape involving the former NBA center, we had doubts. Shaq denied everything and was never charged. We took that story with enough salt to make a nice prosciutto.
The judge in the case wasn’t buying it either.
The judge threw out the charges against the alleged gang members on Tuesday saying the key witness — the man allegedly kidnapped — was not to be trusted, reports the New York Daily News.
“We did not have the necessary confidence in the victim Robert Ross to proceed,” District Attorney spokeswoman Jane Robison told the Daily News.
A law enforcement source said one major red flag was an electronic message Ross allegedly sent to O’Neal’s ex-wife Shaunie O’Neal during the case that warned her it was time to “pay up.”
The victim claims to have had an affair with Shaunie. I don’t know, I don’t care if it’s true.
This, however, is not the last of the wild lawsuits Shaq needs to fend off.
Whenever we get a season Shaq will be on the TNT studio set as an analyst and foil for Charles Barkley.
- Western Conference Finals preview: Grizzlies vs. Spurs 0
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 28
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 14
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay