Aug 10, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Now, we get the words of the guy on the wrong end of the swing.
First things first, Dillon Sabia says he dodged the punch, it never connected. Sabia — a player at the College of Marin, a community college in the Bay Area who redshirted last season — also told the Marin Independent Journal he is no fan of Barnes.
“He was pretty mad the whole game, being a little whiner and being really immature,” said Sabia…
“I guess he didn’t like how I boxed him out. He tried to wrap his arms around my neck and throw me on the ground, then I turned around and ran at him and we started talking smack to each other,” Sabia said. “He pushed me, I pushed him in the chest and then he took a swing at my head. I turned my head, he barely clipped my ear.
“Everybody out there is either playing professionally overseas or playing college ball. Everybody’s out there for a reason. There’s no need for him to be, like, all pissing and moaning and being immature about a situation.”
Sabia was suspended for a game as well. Barnes has said guys were being overly physical with him all night, pushing on him because he was the NBA player and he had to stand up for himself. Barnes is not always the most level headed of guys, but I didn’t see the game so I’m not going to say if he was justified or not. But you still can’t throw a punch.
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 0
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 23
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 45
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 54
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23