Aug 10, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Now, we get the words of the guy on the wrong end of the swing.
First things first, Dillon Sabia says he dodged the punch, it never connected. Sabia — a player at the College of Marin, a community college in the Bay Area who redshirted last season — also told the Marin Independent Journal he is no fan of Barnes.
“He was pretty mad the whole game, being a little whiner and being really immature,” said Sabia…
“I guess he didn’t like how I boxed him out. He tried to wrap his arms around my neck and throw me on the ground, then I turned around and ran at him and we started talking smack to each other,” Sabia said. “He pushed me, I pushed him in the chest and then he took a swing at my head. I turned my head, he barely clipped my ear.
“Everybody out there is either playing professionally overseas or playing college ball. Everybody’s out there for a reason. There’s no need for him to be, like, all pissing and moaning and being immature about a situation.”
Sabia was suspended for a game as well. Barnes has said guys were being overly physical with him all night, pushing on him because he was the NBA player and he had to stand up for himself. Barnes is not always the most level headed of guys, but I didn’t see the game so I’m not going to say if he was justified or not. But you still can’t throw a punch.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 25
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23