Aug 10, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
And they have a lot of money to spend. We may not know what the league’s post-lockout salary structure will look like, but we do know the Pacers have just $35 million on the books for next season. Whatever the cap is (and whatever kind of cap it is, there will be money to spend.
I think with what’s on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
For the record, the Pacers got better production than people think out of Josh McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough at the four. If you look at PER differential, it was their best position. And Granger played a fair amount at the four as the Pacers tried to go small.
That said, this is a year with some good fours on the market. And it’s a year the Pacers can spend. And guys like West or Nene would be a big upgrade. But can Indiana lure guys like West and Nene who want a ring? If the choice is Carl Landry, is that enough of an upgrade for the expense?
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19