Aug 10, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
And they have a lot of money to spend. We may not know what the league’s post-lockout salary structure will look like, but we do know the Pacers have just $35 million on the books for next season. Whatever the cap is (and whatever kind of cap it is, there will be money to spend.
I think with what’s on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
For the record, the Pacers got better production than people think out of Josh McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough at the four. If you look at PER differential, it was their best position. And Granger played a fair amount at the four as the Pacers tried to go small.
That said, this is a year with some good fours on the market. And it’s a year the Pacers can spend. And guys like West or Nene would be a big upgrade. But can Indiana lure guys like West and Nene who want a ring? If the choice is Carl Landry, is that enough of an upgrade for the expense?
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2