Aug 10, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
And they have a lot of money to spend. We may not know what the league’s post-lockout salary structure will look like, but we do know the Pacers have just $35 million on the books for next season. Whatever the cap is (and whatever kind of cap it is, there will be money to spend.
I think with what’s on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
For the record, the Pacers got better production than people think out of Josh McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough at the four. If you look at PER differential, it was their best position. And Granger played a fair amount at the four as the Pacers tried to go small.
That said, this is a year with some good fours on the market. And it’s a year the Pacers can spend. And guys like West or Nene would be a big upgrade. But can Indiana lure guys like West and Nene who want a ring? If the choice is Carl Landry, is that enough of an upgrade for the expense?
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 16
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8