Aug 10, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
And they have a lot of money to spend. We may not know what the league’s post-lockout salary structure will look like, but we do know the Pacers have just $35 million on the books for next season. Whatever the cap is (and whatever kind of cap it is, there will be money to spend.
I think with what’s on the market at power forward, we have the opportunity to go get one of them. David West, Nene and Carl Landry are available. There are some good power forwards out there. I think we need to be deeper at that position.
For the record, the Pacers got better production than people think out of Josh McRoberts and Tyler Hansbrough at the four. If you look at PER differential, it was their best position. And Granger played a fair amount at the four as the Pacers tried to go small.
That said, this is a year with some good fours on the market. And it’s a year the Pacers can spend. And guys like West or Nene would be a big upgrade. But can Indiana lure guys like West and Nene who want a ring? If the choice is Carl Landry, is that enough of an upgrade for the expense?
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 21
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 13
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20