Aug 9, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
It seems fitting that Artis Gilmore was elected to the Basketball Hall of Fame by the ABA committee — this was a guy who should have been in the Hall years ago but ends up getting in through the back door.
His whole career was kind of that way. He was overshadowed and overlooked.
As for credentials Gilmore won an ABA title with Kentucky and was the playoff MVP that year. He was the 1972 ABA MVP, a five-time ABA All-Star and a six-time NBA All-Star after that. He ha a great touch, shooting 59.9 percent for his career and had a graceful game.
Just watch and appreciate.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 8
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 13
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 30