Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
To listen to the agent for Mickael Pietrus is to think the player is not that attached to the Phoenix Suns.
“He’s good with being back in Phoenix or fine to be traded,” (agent Bill) McCandless said. “He just wants to play.”
That’s what he told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Pietrus picked up a $5.3 million option for next season, but that is the last year of his deal. Depending on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement yet to be hammered out, those kind of expiring contracts could be valuable trade chips.
The also discusses Pietrus’ knee, which caused him to miss the Suns last dozen games last season. Pietrus had his knee scoped out and is rehabbing but will not join his French teammates for EuroBasket (the European 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament). The rehab is going well and whenever we have an NBA season Pietrus should be ready to go. And go wherever.
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. But he liked what LeBron did. 0
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 34
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 37
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 20
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 18
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 69