Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
To listen to the agent for Mickael Pietrus is to think the player is not that attached to the Phoenix Suns.
“He’s good with being back in Phoenix or fine to be traded,” (agent Bill) McCandless said. “He just wants to play.”
That’s what he told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Pietrus picked up a $5.3 million option for next season, but that is the last year of his deal. Depending on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement yet to be hammered out, those kind of expiring contracts could be valuable trade chips.
The also discusses Pietrus’ knee, which caused him to miss the Suns last dozen games last season. Pietrus had his knee scoped out and is rehabbing but will not join his French teammates for EuroBasket (the European 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament). The rehab is going well and whenever we have an NBA season Pietrus should be ready to go. And go wherever.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9