Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
To listen to the agent for Mickael Pietrus is to think the player is not that attached to the Phoenix Suns.
“He’s good with being back in Phoenix or fine to be traded,” (agent Bill) McCandless said. “He just wants to play.”
That’s what he told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Pietrus picked up a $5.3 million option for next season, but that is the last year of his deal. Depending on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement yet to be hammered out, those kind of expiring contracts could be valuable trade chips.
The also discusses Pietrus’ knee, which caused him to miss the Suns last dozen games last season. Pietrus had his knee scoped out and is rehabbing but will not join his French teammates for EuroBasket (the European 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament). The rehab is going well and whenever we have an NBA season Pietrus should be ready to go. And go wherever.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6