Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
To listen to the agent for Mickael Pietrus is to think the player is not that attached to the Phoenix Suns.
“He’s good with being back in Phoenix or fine to be traded,” (agent Bill) McCandless said. “He just wants to play.”
That’s what he told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Pietrus picked up a $5.3 million option for next season, but that is the last year of his deal. Depending on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement yet to be hammered out, those kind of expiring contracts could be valuable trade chips.
The also discusses Pietrus’ knee, which caused him to miss the Suns last dozen games last season. Pietrus had his knee scoped out and is rehabbing but will not join his French teammates for EuroBasket (the European 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament). The rehab is going well and whenever we have an NBA season Pietrus should be ready to go. And go wherever.
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8