Aug 9, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
To listen to the agent for Mickael Pietrus is to think the player is not that attached to the Phoenix Suns.
“He’s good with being back in Phoenix or fine to be traded,” (agent Bill) McCandless said. “He just wants to play.”
That’s what he told Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic. Pietrus picked up a $5.3 million option for next season, but that is the last year of his deal. Depending on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement yet to be hammered out, those kind of expiring contracts could be valuable trade chips.
The also discusses Pietrus’ knee, which caused him to miss the Suns last dozen games last season. Pietrus had his knee scoped out and is rehabbing but will not join his French teammates for EuroBasket (the European 2012 Olympic qualifying tournament). The rehab is going well and whenever we have an NBA season Pietrus should be ready to go. And go wherever.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6