Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Earl Clark, the fan-favorite backup center that bounced from Phoenix to Orlando last season, is bouncing all the way to China for next season. And not in the Dwyane Wade “I’m open to it” way — Clark is going.
Earl Clark has signed a one-year deal with a Chinese team, sources confirm. Sources say Clark’s deal doesn’t include an NBA out.
Clark was a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out to return to the NBA. In fact, no matter what he will not be back in the NBA next season now.
We don’t know how much the Louisville product will make in China, but it’s more than the nothing he would make if the entire NBA season gets wiped out. Also he will be one of the best big men in the Chinese Basketball Association, so he should have some fun.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10