Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
Earl Clark, the fan-favorite backup center that bounced from Phoenix to Orlando last season, is bouncing all the way to China for next season. And not in the Dwyane Wade “I’m open to it” way — Clark is going.
Earl Clark has signed a one-year deal with a Chinese team, sources confirm. Sources say Clark’s deal doesn’t include an NBA out.
Clark was a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out to return to the NBA. In fact, no matter what he will not be back in the NBA next season now.
We don’t know how much the Louisville product will make in China, but it’s more than the nothing he would make if the entire NBA season gets wiped out. Also he will be one of the best big men in the Chinese Basketball Association, so he should have some fun.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 0
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 18
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42