Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
Earl Clark, the fan-favorite backup center that bounced from Phoenix to Orlando last season, is bouncing all the way to China for next season. And not in the Dwyane Wade “I’m open to it” way — Clark is going.
Earl Clark has signed a one-year deal with a Chinese team, sources confirm. Sources say Clark’s deal doesn’t include an NBA out.
Clark was a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out to return to the NBA. In fact, no matter what he will not be back in the NBA next season now.
We don’t know how much the Louisville product will make in China, but it’s more than the nothing he would make if the entire NBA season gets wiped out. Also he will be one of the best big men in the Chinese Basketball Association, so he should have some fun.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 1
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 43
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12