Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 PM EDT
Earl Clark, the fan-favorite backup center that bounced from Phoenix to Orlando last season, is bouncing all the way to China for next season. And not in the Dwyane Wade “I’m open to it” way — Clark is going.
Earl Clark has signed a one-year deal with a Chinese team, sources confirm. Sources say Clark’s deal doesn’t include an NBA out.
Clark was a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out to return to the NBA. In fact, no matter what he will not be back in the NBA next season now.
We don’t know how much the Louisville product will make in China, but it’s more than the nothing he would make if the entire NBA season gets wiped out. Also he will be one of the best big men in the Chinese Basketball Association, so he should have some fun.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 5
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5