Aug 9, 2011, 8:41 PM EST
Earl Clark, the fan-favorite backup center that bounced from Phoenix to Orlando last season, is bouncing all the way to China for next season. And not in the Dwyane Wade “I’m open to it” way — Clark is going.
Earl Clark has signed a one-year deal with a Chinese team, sources confirm. Sources say Clark’s deal doesn’t include an NBA out.
Clark was a free agent so he doesn’t need an opt-out to return to the NBA. In fact, no matter what he will not be back in the NBA next season now.
We don’t know how much the Louisville product will make in China, but it’s more than the nothing he would make if the entire NBA season gets wiped out. Also he will be one of the best big men in the Chinese Basketball Association, so he should have some fun.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 8: Kobe Bryant returns 0
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 2
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 5
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 43
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 16
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22