Aug 9, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
But could he turn down $1.5 million per month?
This wouldn’t be the first rumor of a big-money offer from China, Dwyane Wade was reportedly offered $2 million a month (something both sides denied). The Chinese league does not start play until December, so this all could be very preliminary.
If there is one guy who would turn it down it would be Nowtizki. He could be raking in the endorsement dollars right now, but he doesn’t want to.
If he wants to play in Germany, then that’s where he will go. He also has three years and $53.7 million left on his deal with the Mavericks and he wants to defend his NBA title, so you can bet there will be an opt-out clause in any deal.
This summer Nowitzki will play for Germany in EuroBasket, where the team will try to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 1
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17