Aug 9, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
But could he turn down $1.5 million per month?
This wouldn’t be the first rumor of a big-money offer from China, Dwyane Wade was reportedly offered $2 million a month (something both sides denied). The Chinese league does not start play until December, so this all could be very preliminary.
If there is one guy who would turn it down it would be Nowtizki. He could be raking in the endorsement dollars right now, but he doesn’t want to.
If he wants to play in Germany, then that’s where he will go. He also has three years and $53.7 million left on his deal with the Mavericks and he wants to defend his NBA title, so you can bet there will be an opt-out clause in any deal.
This summer Nowitzki will play for Germany in EuroBasket, where the team will try to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16