Aug 9, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
But could he turn down $1.5 million per month?
This wouldn’t be the first rumor of a big-money offer from China, Dwyane Wade was reportedly offered $2 million a month (something both sides denied). The Chinese league does not start play until December, so this all could be very preliminary.
If there is one guy who would turn it down it would be Nowtizki. He could be raking in the endorsement dollars right now, but he doesn’t want to.
If he wants to play in Germany, then that’s where he will go. He also has three years and $53.7 million left on his deal with the Mavericks and he wants to defend his NBA title, so you can bet there will be an opt-out clause in any deal.
This summer Nowitzki will play for Germany in EuroBasket, where the team will try to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15