Aug 9, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT
But could he turn down $1.5 million per month?
This wouldn’t be the first rumor of a big-money offer from China, Dwyane Wade was reportedly offered $2 million a month (something both sides denied). The Chinese league does not start play until December, so this all could be very preliminary.
If there is one guy who would turn it down it would be Nowtizki. He could be raking in the endorsement dollars right now, but he doesn’t want to.
If he wants to play in Germany, then that’s where he will go. He also has three years and $53.7 million left on his deal with the Mavericks and he wants to defend his NBA title, so you can bet there will be an opt-out clause in any deal.
This summer Nowitzki will play for Germany in EuroBasket, where the team will try to qualify for the 2012 Olympics.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50