Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman once said he would strip naked on a basketball court. And that didn’t strike us as the most outrageous thing we could picture him doing during a game.
So you can imagine that the rather stodgy folks at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame had some concerns about the induction ceremony Friday.
But “the worm” has promised to be on his best behavior, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Hall of Fame officials say Dennis Rodman has given his word: no antics during Friday enshrinement.
Hall, in turn, embracing Rodman. They have been shown his Friday wardrobe — “It’s worth seeing” — and plan to display it at the museum.
As was later noted, is anything Rodman might do going to be more embarrassing than Jordan’s induction speech?
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50