Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman once said he would strip naked on a basketball court. And that didn’t strike us as the most outrageous thing we could picture him doing during a game.
So you can imagine that the rather stodgy folks at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame had some concerns about the induction ceremony Friday.
But “the worm” has promised to be on his best behavior, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Hall of Fame officials say Dennis Rodman has given his word: no antics during Friday enshrinement.
Hall, in turn, embracing Rodman. They have been shown his Friday wardrobe — “It’s worth seeing” — and plan to display it at the museum.
As was later noted, is anything Rodman might do going to be more embarrassing than Jordan’s induction speech?
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 0
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 4
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 26
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 21
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17