Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Dennis Rodman once said he would strip naked on a basketball court. And that didn’t strike us as the most outrageous thing we could picture him doing during a game.
So you can imagine that the rather stodgy folks at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame had some concerns about the induction ceremony Friday.
But “the worm” has promised to be on his best behavior, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Hall of Fame officials say Dennis Rodman has given his word: no antics during Friday enshrinement.
Hall, in turn, embracing Rodman. They have been shown his Friday wardrobe — “It’s worth seeing” — and plan to display it at the museum.
As was later noted, is anything Rodman might do going to be more embarrassing than Jordan’s induction speech?
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 7
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 4
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14
- LeBron James, with chance to beat Spurs, loses ball to end game (video) 39
- NBA suspends Hornets’ Jeff Taylor for 24 games following guilty plea for domestic violence 7
- PBT Extra: Is Dwight Howard NBA’s newest villain? 31
- Report: Bradley Beal to make season debut Wednesday for Wizards 5