Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
Dennis Rodman once said he would strip naked on a basketball court. And that didn’t strike us as the most outrageous thing we could picture him doing during a game.
So you can imagine that the rather stodgy folks at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame had some concerns about the induction ceremony Friday.
But “the worm” has promised to be on his best behavior, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Hall of Fame officials say Dennis Rodman has given his word: no antics during Friday enshrinement.
Hall, in turn, embracing Rodman. They have been shown his Friday wardrobe — “It’s worth seeing” — and plan to display it at the museum.
As was later noted, is anything Rodman might do going to be more embarrassing than Jordan’s induction speech?
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50