Aug 9, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
Dennis Rodman once said he would strip naked on a basketball court. And that didn’t strike us as the most outrageous thing we could picture him doing during a game.
So you can imagine that the rather stodgy folks at the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame had some concerns about the induction ceremony Friday.
But “the worm” has promised to be on his best behavior, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
Hall of Fame officials say Dennis Rodman has given his word: no antics during Friday enshrinement.
Hall, in turn, embracing Rodman. They have been shown his Friday wardrobe — “It’s worth seeing” — and plan to display it at the museum.
As was later noted, is anything Rodman might do going to be more embarrassing than Jordan’s induction speech?
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 2
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 10
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 10
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 35
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18