Aug 9, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
Well done Matt Barnes.
Not sure I’ve ever seen a guy get suspended for a game from a pro-am league before. Then again, I’ve never seen a player punch an opposing player in a pro-am game before. Well, Barnes said it was more pushing than punch later, but still.
Barnes did it and he has been suspended for it, reports ESPNLosAngeles.
Barnes did not back down from the incident afterwards. He owned it. Now he can own the night off.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 18