Aug 9, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
We told you before Ron Artest was seriously thinking about playing in for a professional team in England. Now there is this tweet from him on Tuesday:
Go Jets!!!!! Uk , here we come!!! Jets are the best!!! Jets are the best!!! New chant!!!!!!!!!
That would be the Chesire Jets, the team he has been talking to. And included was this photo of a Jets jersey with his name on it.
Jets are the best? The Sharks would disagree with that.
Is it really going to happen? Is Artest really going to play for the Chesire Jets? Does this mean he signed the deal? He didn’t say that. It’s Artest — or Metta World Peace — a man moved to tears by Celine Dion, so your guess is as good as mine.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11