Aug 9, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
We told you before Ron Artest was seriously thinking about playing in for a professional team in England. Now there is this tweet from him on Tuesday:
Go Jets!!!!! Uk , here we come!!! Jets are the best!!! Jets are the best!!! New chant!!!!!!!!!
That would be the Chesire Jets, the team he has been talking to. And included was this photo of a Jets jersey with his name on it.
Jets are the best? The Sharks would disagree with that.
Is it really going to happen? Is Artest really going to play for the Chesire Jets? Does this mean he signed the deal? He didn’t say that. It’s Artest — or Metta World Peace — a man moved to tears by Celine Dion, so your guess is as good as mine.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 4
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11