Aug 9, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
We told you before Ron Artest was seriously thinking about playing in for a professional team in England. Now there is this tweet from him on Tuesday:
Go Jets!!!!! Uk , here we come!!! Jets are the best!!! Jets are the best!!! New chant!!!!!!!!!
That would be the Chesire Jets, the team he has been talking to. And included was this photo of a Jets jersey with his name on it.
Jets are the best? The Sharks would disagree with that.
Is it really going to happen? Is Artest really going to play for the Chesire Jets? Does this mean he signed the deal? He didn’t say that. It’s Artest — or Metta World Peace — a man moved to tears by Celine Dion, so your guess is as good as mine.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 20
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 28
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 29