Aug 9, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
We told you before Ron Artest was seriously thinking about playing in for a professional team in England. Now there is this tweet from him on Tuesday:
Go Jets!!!!! Uk , here we come!!! Jets are the best!!! Jets are the best!!! New chant!!!!!!!!!
That would be the Chesire Jets, the team he has been talking to. And included was this photo of a Jets jersey with his name on it.
Jets are the best? The Sharks would disagree with that.
Is it really going to happen? Is Artest really going to play for the Chesire Jets? Does this mean he signed the deal? He didn’t say that. It’s Artest — or Metta World Peace — a man moved to tears by Celine Dion, so your guess is as good as mine.
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 12
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 4
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 12
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 10
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 52