Aug 9, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
We told you before Ron Artest was seriously thinking about playing in for a professional team in England. Now there is this tweet from him on Tuesday:
Go Jets!!!!! Uk , here we come!!! Jets are the best!!! Jets are the best!!! New chant!!!!!!!!!
That would be the Chesire Jets, the team he has been talking to. And included was this photo of a Jets jersey with his name on it.
Jets are the best? The Sharks would disagree with that.
Is it really going to happen? Is Artest really going to play for the Chesire Jets? Does this mean he signed the deal? He didn’t say that. It’s Artest — or Metta World Peace — a man moved to tears by Celine Dion, so your guess is as good as mine.
- Josh McRoberts fined $20,000 for forearm foul to LeBron’s throat 6
- Oscar Robertson says if he were Carmelo Anthony “I would leave today” 31
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 6
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 23
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 11