Aug 9, 2011, 10:33 AM EDT
Andre Iguodala is the ying to that yang.
The Sixers forward spoke with CSNPhilly.com and sounded a more realistic tone.
“I didn’t think it would be this bad,” Iguodala said, playing in an outing for Stars Within Reach, a foundation that encourages and helps children pursue their dreams. “I thought with the season we had and the TV ratings that we had and this being one of the largest grossing revenue season’s in the history of the game, you would think that we would be able to reach an agreement. But we are so far apart.”
It’s hard to be optimistic when all we’ve seen so far is posturing and legal moves, not negotiations. Right now there is still no real pressure on either side to compromise and reach a deal. That starts to change next month — by the middle of September there will be preseason games that will be cancelled and the start of the season will be at risk. As with the NFL, expect that to put real pressure on both sides to negotiate in earnest.
But that doesn’t mean they’ll reach a deal like the NFL. Maybe they can get to one in October, but a lot more people feel pessimistic like Iguodala than they do optimistic like LeBron.
- Spurs show they have too much offense for Grizzlies to handle in Game 1 destruction 0
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets 22
- Spurs would like to remind you they are very good, crush Grizzlies in Game 1 11
- LeBron takes offense to something that Pacers’ head coach Vogel didn’t actually say 43
- Thunder GM says team won’t amnesty Kendrick Perkins 27
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (82)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay