Aug 8, 2011, 6:58 PM EDT
LeBron James says is not going to play in Turkey. Or Spain. But he is planning a trip to London.
In Akron for a “Wheels for Education” charity kickoff, LeBron told the Associated Press he is not looking to play overseas because he is so “optimistic” there will be an upcoming season.
Not sure who he is talking to that makes him think that, but great. Somebody should be optimistic. And it’s not me.
James also said he was committed to USA Basketball and helping defend our nation’s gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics.
There have been thoughts that if the lockout wipes out the entire 2012 NBA season that NBA players would not go to London (because USA Basketball is seen as too closely tied to the NBA). However, LeBron joins Kobe Bryant as saying he is in for the 2012 games. Whatever concerns they might have, the chance to increase their global brand may be too great for the biggest players to stay away from the games (Nike would like them to play).
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 3
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 4
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 37
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record