Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
The Heat just got through with a year where they dealt with a myriad of injuries, so signing Redd would be far too much of a bad thing. Redd’s percentage has plummeted since knee injury 600, and there’s been little indication he can recover fully at age 32.
More interesting, however, is the fact that these are all wings. So the team that features the 1A/1B shooting guard in the league and the No.1 small forward in the league is looking to add another shooting guard/small forward. For all the talk of Mario Chalmers being the future at point guard, it’s pretty clear from this short list that they want to run the LeBron-Wade point guard system a lot more in coming seasons, even if it’s off of bench adjustment situations.
Battier provides the lockdown defender to let James and Wade focus on offense. Prince provides the length and versatility. Hill provides the shooting and leadership. Redd provides a spot-up shooter if he gets well, and McGrady? Well, McGrady had a surprisingly good season last year and can do a lot of things, if his head’s in the right place. And what with all the humility and good vibes in the Heat locker room, that should be no problem.
This should be entertaining, either way.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 0
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 0
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 21
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0