Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 AM EST
The Heat just got through with a year where they dealt with a myriad of injuries, so signing Redd would be far too much of a bad thing. Redd’s percentage has plummeted since knee injury 600, and there’s been little indication he can recover fully at age 32.
More interesting, however, is the fact that these are all wings. So the team that features the 1A/1B shooting guard in the league and the No.1 small forward in the league is looking to add another shooting guard/small forward. For all the talk of Mario Chalmers being the future at point guard, it’s pretty clear from this short list that they want to run the LeBron-Wade point guard system a lot more in coming seasons, even if it’s off of bench adjustment situations.
Battier provides the lockdown defender to let James and Wade focus on offense. Prince provides the length and versatility. Hill provides the shooting and leadership. Redd provides a spot-up shooter if he gets well, and McGrady? Well, McGrady had a surprisingly good season last year and can do a lot of things, if his head’s in the right place. And what with all the humility and good vibes in the Heat locker room, that should be no problem.
This should be entertaining, either way.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 15
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)