Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
The Heat just got through with a year where they dealt with a myriad of injuries, so signing Redd would be far too much of a bad thing. Redd’s percentage has plummeted since knee injury 600, and there’s been little indication he can recover fully at age 32.
More interesting, however, is the fact that these are all wings. So the team that features the 1A/1B shooting guard in the league and the No.1 small forward in the league is looking to add another shooting guard/small forward. For all the talk of Mario Chalmers being the future at point guard, it’s pretty clear from this short list that they want to run the LeBron-Wade point guard system a lot more in coming seasons, even if it’s off of bench adjustment situations.
Battier provides the lockdown defender to let James and Wade focus on offense. Prince provides the length and versatility. Hill provides the shooting and leadership. Redd provides a spot-up shooter if he gets well, and McGrady? Well, McGrady had a surprisingly good season last year and can do a lot of things, if his head’s in the right place. And what with all the humility and good vibes in the Heat locker room, that should be no problem.
This should be entertaining, either way.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18