Aug 8, 2011, 12:26 AM EDT
The Heat just got through with a year where they dealt with a myriad of injuries, so signing Redd would be far too much of a bad thing. Redd’s percentage has plummeted since knee injury 600, and there’s been little indication he can recover fully at age 32.
More interesting, however, is the fact that these are all wings. So the team that features the 1A/1B shooting guard in the league and the No.1 small forward in the league is looking to add another shooting guard/small forward. For all the talk of Mario Chalmers being the future at point guard, it’s pretty clear from this short list that they want to run the LeBron-Wade point guard system a lot more in coming seasons, even if it’s off of bench adjustment situations.
Battier provides the lockdown defender to let James and Wade focus on offense. Prince provides the length and versatility. Hill provides the shooting and leadership. Redd provides a spot-up shooter if he gets well, and McGrady? Well, McGrady had a surprisingly good season last year and can do a lot of things, if his head’s in the right place. And what with all the humility and good vibes in the Heat locker room, that should be no problem.
This should be entertaining, either way.
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 0
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 55
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 25
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 14
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 45
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 72
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 52