Aug 8, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
There’s really never been any question about Tyrus Thomas’ physical skills — he’s 6’9” and can leap out of the gym, he can rebound and finish at the rim. But even those close to him have been frustrated with his decision making, which we will kindly call inconsistent. Focus and Thomas are rarely used in the same sentence.
The physical side of his game — rehab on the knee he had surgery on in January, getting his explosiveness back — was the big order of the summer.
But he is doing more than that, he told the Charlotte Observer (in answer to a reader’s questions).
I’ve been really working on my mental approach to the game. I’ve done that by watching film, studying myself, and being more analytical, rather than spontaneous, in my everyday life. I must say though, the highlight of my summer has been my wedding!
Good answer on the wedding. I have no doubt it was the highlight of your summer, but trust me when I say you want to keep telling your wife that. Whatever you do, during the 8-hour flight to your honeymoon do not say to your new wife “can we talk about something other than the wedding?” Just trust us on that one.
Thomas also said he is working on a go-to move with his back to the basket. His wife may not love that but Bobcats fans would.
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 0
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 1
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 28
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 56
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 58
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40