Aug 8, 2011, 11:52 AM EDT
There’s really never been any question about Tyrus Thomas’ physical skills — he’s 6’9” and can leap out of the gym, he can rebound and finish at the rim. But even those close to him have been frustrated with his decision making, which we will kindly call inconsistent. Focus and Thomas are rarely used in the same sentence.
The physical side of his game — rehab on the knee he had surgery on in January, getting his explosiveness back — was the big order of the summer.
But he is doing more than that, he told the Charlotte Observer (in answer to a reader’s questions).
I’ve been really working on my mental approach to the game. I’ve done that by watching film, studying myself, and being more analytical, rather than spontaneous, in my everyday life. I must say though, the highlight of my summer has been my wedding!
Good answer on the wedding. I have no doubt it was the highlight of your summer, but trust me when I say you want to keep telling your wife that. Whatever you do, during the 8-hour flight to your honeymoon do not say to your new wife “can we talk about something other than the wedding?” Just trust us on that one.
Thomas also said he is working on a go-to move with his back to the basket. His wife may not love that but Bobcats fans would.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18