Aug 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Deron Williams had a wrist injury at the end of the season. It wasn’t a big deal, but some clean-up surgery was necessary. With Williams signing in Turkey, even with the insurance he revealed he’s obtained, there’s still some concern about what condition he’s in. Judging from this highlight clip from the Illinois Alumni Game this weekend, he’s feeling pretty good.
I’m particularly fond of his teammates freaking out while he runs through them as if it was nothing. That’s the go-to celebration of the summer of 2011.
So apparently Deron’s wrist is doing okay, as is the rest of him. Now we just have to see how he adapts to the tough Turkish league. If he actually winds up playing for his contract there.
- Sunday NBA grades: Nene, Aldridge lead day where big men shine 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge’s Trail Blazers claw back for Game 1 win over Houston Rockets 3
- Bulls have no answer for Nene as Wizards take Game 1 12
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 18
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 8