Aug 7, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Deron Williams had a wrist injury at the end of the season. It wasn’t a big deal, but some clean-up surgery was necessary. With Williams signing in Turkey, even with the insurance he revealed he’s obtained, there’s still some concern about what condition he’s in. Judging from this highlight clip from the Illinois Alumni Game this weekend, he’s feeling pretty good.
I’m particularly fond of his teammates freaking out while he runs through them as if it was nothing. That’s the go-to celebration of the summer of 2011.
So apparently Deron’s wrist is doing okay, as is the rest of him. Now we just have to see how he adapts to the tough Turkish league. If he actually winds up playing for his contract there.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 0
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 8
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 9
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 20
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15