Aug 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
DeMar DeRozan took to Twitter on Saturday to apologize for his behavior immediately following a Drew League game.
“I want to apologize for my actions at the Drew League today. I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but should’ve handled it better,” DeRozan wrote on Twitter.
From various reports, DeRozan was whistled for a charge on a game-winning shot with five seconds to go. After free throws, his team lost 87-84 to the Long Beach-based Problems team.
Here’s the charge.
After the game, DeRozan screamed at an official, and allegedly threw his jersey at him.
Sorry, DeMar, you’re going to have to do better than that. If you want us to get upset over your behavior, you’re going to have to punch some guy or mush some guy or do something else to some guy’s head. That’s really the standard of excellence in terms of moron behavior at the summer leagues.
DeRozan dropped 35 in the game, but still finds his team out. Not all bad, though. DeRozan turns 22 today, and has a bright and promising career ahead of him. He showed a lot of potential to be a bonafide star in this league last season if he can start to develop a consistent array of moves and learn to play some defense under Dwane Casey.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 0
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20