Aug 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
DeMar DeRozan took to Twitter on Saturday to apologize for his behavior immediately following a Drew League game.
“I want to apologize for my actions at the Drew League today. I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but should’ve handled it better,” DeRozan wrote on Twitter.
From various reports, DeRozan was whistled for a charge on a game-winning shot with five seconds to go. After free throws, his team lost 87-84 to the Long Beach-based Problems team.
Here’s the charge.
After the game, DeRozan screamed at an official, and allegedly threw his jersey at him.
Sorry, DeMar, you’re going to have to do better than that. If you want us to get upset over your behavior, you’re going to have to punch some guy or mush some guy or do something else to some guy’s head. That’s really the standard of excellence in terms of moron behavior at the summer leagues.
DeRozan dropped 35 in the game, but still finds his team out. Not all bad, though. DeRozan turns 22 today, and has a bright and promising career ahead of him. He showed a lot of potential to be a bonafide star in this league last season if he can start to develop a consistent array of moves and learn to play some defense under Dwane Casey.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15