Aug 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
DeMar DeRozan took to Twitter on Saturday to apologize for his behavior immediately following a Drew League game.
“I want to apologize for my actions at the Drew League today. I got caught up in the heat of the moment, but should’ve handled it better,” DeRozan wrote on Twitter.
From various reports, DeRozan was whistled for a charge on a game-winning shot with five seconds to go. After free throws, his team lost 87-84 to the Long Beach-based Problems team.
Here’s the charge.
After the game, DeRozan screamed at an official, and allegedly threw his jersey at him.
Sorry, DeMar, you’re going to have to do better than that. If you want us to get upset over your behavior, you’re going to have to punch some guy or mush some guy or do something else to some guy’s head. That’s really the standard of excellence in terms of moron behavior at the summer leagues.
DeRozan dropped 35 in the game, but still finds his team out. Not all bad, though. DeRozan turns 22 today, and has a bright and promising career ahead of him. He showed a lot of potential to be a bonafide star in this league last season if he can start to develop a consistent array of moves and learn to play some defense under Dwane Casey.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 1
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 13
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 23
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24