Aug 5, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
Everyone, we’d like you to meet Geoff Mcdermott. East Coasters may remember him playing for the Providence Friars, you will now remember him as the guy who dunked on Kevin Durant at Dyckman Park Thursday night.
To be fair, KD rotated over late and there wasn’t much he could do. The fact he rotated over at all in a streetball game is worthy of some kudos. Ask any rim defender and they will say if you don’t get dunked on sometimes it means you’re not defending, you’re spectating.
This vid also gives you a good feeling for the packed house at Dyckman Thursday night and how intense it was. Which can lead to things like Michael Beasley being Michael Beasley. (Hat tip to Slam for the video)
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 1
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 6
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)