Aug 5, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players talking to and signing with overseas teams it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we give you easy-to-follow bullet points — because we care about you.
• When EuroBasket ends (mid-September) if the lockout still looks like it does now Hedo Turkoglu may sign to play in Turkey, playing for Anadolu Efes (via Sportando). In a world of crazy rumors about guys going to Turkey, this one makes some sense — he is the most famous basketball player out of the country. He is a rock star there. Not only would he help the team on the court he would be a box-office boon. We could see this happening.
• Milwaukee Bucks second-round pick Jon Leuer, the former Wisconsin star, will play next season for Skyliners Frankfurt in the German league, reports ESPN. He did get an opt-out clause to return so he could try to make the Bucks squad once Billy Hunter and David Stern burry the hatchet.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 8
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31