Aug 5, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
There are so many NBA players talking to and signing with overseas teams it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we give you easy-to-follow bullet points — because we care about you.
• When EuroBasket ends (mid-September) if the lockout still looks like it does now Hedo Turkoglu may sign to play in Turkey, playing for Anadolu Efes (via Sportando). In a world of crazy rumors about guys going to Turkey, this one makes some sense — he is the most famous basketball player out of the country. He is a rock star there. Not only would he help the team on the court he would be a box-office boon. We could see this happening.
• Milwaukee Bucks second-round pick Jon Leuer, the former Wisconsin star, will play next season for Skyliners Frankfurt in the German league, reports ESPN. He did get an opt-out clause to return so he could try to make the Bucks squad once Billy Hunter and David Stern burry the hatchet.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)