Aug 5, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
There are so many NBA players talking to and signing with overseas teams it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we give you easy-to-follow bullet points — because we care about you.
• When EuroBasket ends (mid-September) if the lockout still looks like it does now Hedo Turkoglu may sign to play in Turkey, playing for Anadolu Efes (via Sportando). In a world of crazy rumors about guys going to Turkey, this one makes some sense — he is the most famous basketball player out of the country. He is a rock star there. Not only would he help the team on the court he would be a box-office boon. We could see this happening.
• Milwaukee Bucks second-round pick Jon Leuer, the former Wisconsin star, will play next season for Skyliners Frankfurt in the German league, reports ESPN. He did get an opt-out clause to return so he could try to make the Bucks squad once Billy Hunter and David Stern burry the hatchet.
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50