Aug 5, 2011, 1:53 PM EST
There are so many NBA players talking to and signing with overseas teams it can be hard to keep up. That’s why we give you easy-to-follow bullet points — because we care about you.
• When EuroBasket ends (mid-September) if the lockout still looks like it does now Hedo Turkoglu may sign to play in Turkey, playing for Anadolu Efes (via Sportando). In a world of crazy rumors about guys going to Turkey, this one makes some sense — he is the most famous basketball player out of the country. He is a rock star there. Not only would he help the team on the court he would be a box-office boon. We could see this happening.
• Milwaukee Bucks second-round pick Jon Leuer, the former Wisconsin star, will play next season for Skyliners Frankfurt in the German league, reports ESPN. He did get an opt-out clause to return so he could try to make the Bucks squad once Billy Hunter and David Stern burry the hatchet.
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 0
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 7
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 16
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30