Aug 5, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Move over Michael Beasley, you’ve got company.
There are multiple reports that in a San Francisco pro-am game Thursday night Matt Barnes hit an opposing player during the contest. Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated tweeted about it, there were other mentions on twitter and Black Sports Online told us they heard the same thing from multiple people at the event.
This would be the same San Francisco run where Barnes did slap a coach last season.
We don’t know if this was another mush, a real punch, or how it all went down. Lets say we’re taking a cautionary stance on this one, but it seems something did go down.
For the record, this isn’t about the fans at some rowdy streetball games. This isn’t about the lockout. This is about Michael Beasley and Matt Barnes.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22