Aug 5, 2011, 10:38 AM EDT
Move over Michael Beasley, you’ve got company.
There are multiple reports that in a San Francisco pro-am game Thursday night Matt Barnes hit an opposing player during the contest. Sam Amick of Sports Illustrated tweeted about it, there were other mentions on twitter and Black Sports Online told us they heard the same thing from multiple people at the event.
This would be the same San Francisco run where Barnes did slap a coach last season.
We don’t know if this was another mush, a real punch, or how it all went down. Lets say we’re taking a cautionary stance on this one, but it seems something did go down.
For the record, this isn’t about the fans at some rowdy streetball games. This isn’t about the lockout. This is about Michael Beasley and Matt Barnes.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4