Aug 5, 2011, 1:38 AM EDT
Big time organized streetball games are rowdy. Loud and raw. The crowd is into it, and not in the polite, golf-clap way a lot of NBA games can be when the rich folks are close to the court. This is real.
And there will be hecklers. Just ask Kevin Durant.
One of those hecklers was going at Michael Beasley during a game at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night (a game Durant also played in). And Beasley reacted with the maturity we expect from him. Which is to say very little. He went after the guy.
Not-so-bright Michael Beasley was bothered by heckling from a spectator. Beasley walked up and mushed him in the face
“I get paid to do this.” Beasley was shouting at the spectator before the incident. It stopped play for about 10 minutes
By mushed, I mean Beasley used one hand to push the spectators face. Nobody was hurt. Fan kept watching game but was surrounded by security
Here’s a link to a video of the incident, but you can’t see much (also, the language is not safe for work).
There is potentially a very good future for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I’m not sure Beasley is part of it.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 3
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11