Aug 5, 2011, 1:38 AM EDT
Big time organized streetball games are rowdy. Loud and raw. The crowd is into it, and not in the polite, golf-clap way a lot of NBA games can be when the rich folks are close to the court. This is real.
And there will be hecklers. Just ask Kevin Durant.
One of those hecklers was going at Michael Beasley during a game at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night (a game Durant also played in). And Beasley reacted with the maturity we expect from him. Which is to say very little. He went after the guy.
Not-so-bright Michael Beasley was bothered by heckling from a spectator. Beasley walked up and mushed him in the face
“I get paid to do this.” Beasley was shouting at the spectator before the incident. It stopped play for about 10 minutes
By mushed, I mean Beasley used one hand to push the spectators face. Nobody was hurt. Fan kept watching game but was surrounded by security
Here’s a link to a video of the incident, but you can’t see much (also, the language is not safe for work).
There is potentially a very good future for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I’m not sure Beasley is part of it.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 0
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 2
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 1
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 42