Aug 5, 2011, 1:38 AM EDT
Big time organized streetball games are rowdy. Loud and raw. The crowd is into it, and not in the polite, golf-clap way a lot of NBA games can be when the rich folks are close to the court. This is real.
And there will be hecklers. Just ask Kevin Durant.
One of those hecklers was going at Michael Beasley during a game at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night (a game Durant also played in). And Beasley reacted with the maturity we expect from him. Which is to say very little. He went after the guy.
Not-so-bright Michael Beasley was bothered by heckling from a spectator. Beasley walked up and mushed him in the face
“I get paid to do this.” Beasley was shouting at the spectator before the incident. It stopped play for about 10 minutes
By mushed, I mean Beasley used one hand to push the spectators face. Nobody was hurt. Fan kept watching game but was surrounded by security
Here’s a link to a video of the incident, but you can’t see much (also, the language is not safe for work).
There is potentially a very good future for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I’m not sure Beasley is part of it.
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 0
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8