Aug 5, 2011, 1:38 AM EDT
Big time organized streetball games are rowdy. Loud and raw. The crowd is into it, and not in the polite, golf-clap way a lot of NBA games can be when the rich folks are close to the court. This is real.
And there will be hecklers. Just ask Kevin Durant.
One of those hecklers was going at Michael Beasley during a game at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night (a game Durant also played in). And Beasley reacted with the maturity we expect from him. Which is to say very little. He went after the guy.
Not-so-bright Michael Beasley was bothered by heckling from a spectator. Beasley walked up and mushed him in the face
“I get paid to do this.” Beasley was shouting at the spectator before the incident. It stopped play for about 10 minutes
By mushed, I mean Beasley used one hand to push the spectators face. Nobody was hurt. Fan kept watching game but was surrounded by security
Here’s a link to a video of the incident, but you can’t see much (also, the language is not safe for work).
There is potentially a very good future for the Minnesota Timberwolves. I’m not sure Beasley is part of it.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 13
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 11
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 11
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 60
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 89
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20