Aug 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Did Matt Barnes punch an opposing player?
Those are the reports that came out of some San Francisco pro-am action Thursday, although video proof has yet to show up (at least that I’ve seen). This is the same place where Barnes slapped a coach last season, so maybe.
Whatever happens, Barnes is owning it.
ESPN.com college basketball writer Diamong Leung talked to Barnes after the game and TrueHoop has the quote:
That’s part of the game, man. It’s physical. You know what I mean? People come out here and think they can beat and push on me. There’s only so much I’m going to take. I’m a grown man first, so if you think you’re going to come out here and rough me up and cheap shot, I’m not having that s__.
He elbowed me and pushed me, so he got one.
Matt Barnes was not ejected from the game, by the way. Reportedly the referees said they didn’t see the punch. So apparently this league hires the WWE refs.
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 2
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 20
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 76
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 10
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38