Aug 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
Did Matt Barnes punch an opposing player?
Those are the reports that came out of some San Francisco pro-am action Thursday, although video proof has yet to show up (at least that I’ve seen). This is the same place where Barnes slapped a coach last season, so maybe.
Whatever happens, Barnes is owning it.
ESPN.com college basketball writer Diamong Leung talked to Barnes after the game and TrueHoop has the quote:
That’s part of the game, man. It’s physical. You know what I mean? People come out here and think they can beat and push on me. There’s only so much I’m going to take. I’m a grown man first, so if you think you’re going to come out here and rough me up and cheap shot, I’m not having that s__.
He elbowed me and pushed me, so he got one.
Matt Barnes was not ejected from the game, by the way. Reportedly the referees said they didn’t see the punch. So apparently this league hires the WWE refs.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)