Aug 5, 2011, 3:08 PM EDT
Did Matt Barnes punch an opposing player?
Those are the reports that came out of some San Francisco pro-am action Thursday, although video proof has yet to show up (at least that I’ve seen). This is the same place where Barnes slapped a coach last season, so maybe.
Whatever happens, Barnes is owning it.
ESPN.com college basketball writer Diamong Leung talked to Barnes after the game and TrueHoop has the quote:
That’s part of the game, man. It’s physical. You know what I mean? People come out here and think they can beat and push on me. There’s only so much I’m going to take. I’m a grown man first, so if you think you’re going to come out here and rough me up and cheap shot, I’m not having that s__.
He elbowed me and pushed me, so he got one.
Matt Barnes was not ejected from the game, by the way. Reportedly the referees said they didn’t see the punch. So apparently this league hires the WWE refs.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18