Aug 5, 2011, 10:18 AM EDT
Michael Beasley remains a class act.
The 6’10” forward pushed a fan in the face at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night, during a game between Beasley’s team and a Kevin Durant team (Team Nike, actually, and the shoe giant marking folk were there filming).
The New York Daily News writers were there, too. They spoke with the guy on the wrong end of the shove, or push, or mush, or however you want to describe it. Turns out, they guy is no fan of Beasley now.
One of the fans behind a metal barrier, Garland Quince, a regular at Dyckman, was targeted and approached by Beasley. The 6-10, 235-pound power forward then placed one hand on Quince’s head and shoved him backward.
“He just mushed me. He mushed me in my face,” Quince said. “I was arguing about a Kevin Durant call and he just mushed me in my face….”
Asked if Beasley couldn’t handle the atmosphere at Dyckman, Quince said, “”Nah, I just don’t think he can handle Kevin Durant….”
Before the situation was diffused, Beasley approached Quince again, but didn’t get there.
“He was about to mush me again,” Quince said. “He’s a bad sportsman.”
Quince later added that the Timberwolves should “get rid” of Beasley. Quince and a number of fans in Minnesota agree about that.
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 32
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 64
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 18
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 7
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under 2 hours, players barely notice (VIDEO) 2
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 11
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 8
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31