Aug 5, 2011, 10:18 AM EDT
Michael Beasley remains a class act.
The 6’10” forward pushed a fan in the face at Dyckman Park in New York City Thursday night, during a game between Beasley’s team and a Kevin Durant team (Team Nike, actually, and the shoe giant marking folk were there filming).
The New York Daily News writers were there, too. They spoke with the guy on the wrong end of the shove, or push, or mush, or however you want to describe it. Turns out, they guy is no fan of Beasley now.
One of the fans behind a metal barrier, Garland Quince, a regular at Dyckman, was targeted and approached by Beasley. The 6-10, 235-pound power forward then placed one hand on Quince’s head and shoved him backward.
“He just mushed me. He mushed me in my face,” Quince said. “I was arguing about a Kevin Durant call and he just mushed me in my face….”
Asked if Beasley couldn’t handle the atmosphere at Dyckman, Quince said, “”Nah, I just don’t think he can handle Kevin Durant….”
Before the situation was diffused, Beasley approached Quince again, but didn’t get there.
“He was about to mush me again,” Quince said. “He’s a bad sportsman.”
Quince later added that the Timberwolves should “get rid” of Beasley. Quince and a number of fans in Minnesota agree about that.
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 65
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 56
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6