Aug 4, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal has run in some questionable circles.
Not that I believe any of the lawsuit allegations made against him this summer — and there have been some so ridiculous we refused to run or link to them here — but the fact he keeps ending up in them says something about the people around him.
We’ll briefly touch on the latest one, a lawsuit filed by Shawn Darling, who was a former employee of Shaq. An employee who sided with Shaq’s wife in their divorce and is now suing him. So, not the best employee ever. Darling’s lawsuit makes some wild allegations against the soon to be NBA analyst. We bring you these notes from the Sun Sentinel.
Well-known as a police buff, O’Neal called on his law enforcement pals to “frame [Darling] for possession of child pornography, have his house stormed by police, have him arrested for it, and have his computers confiscated while he is hauled off to jail as an accused child pornographer,” the complaint says.
“O’Neal and his henchmen would stop [at] nothing to get what O’Neal needed,” the lawsuit alleges.
The suit names active police officers as part of the conspiracy. The suit goes on to suggest that Shaq had a GPS tracking device put on his ex-wife’s car to make sure she was not talking to the woman he was having an affair with.
I have no idea how much if any of this is true. I don’t want to believe them. But as a beloved player Shaq was able to skate past these kind of allegations, it may not be that way as an analyst at TNT. Just a warning Shaq. You can ask Charles Barkley all about it.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 26
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25