Aug 4, 2011, 7:58 PM EDT
Shaquille O’Neal has run in some questionable circles.
Not that I believe any of the lawsuit allegations made against him this summer — and there have been some so ridiculous we refused to run or link to them here — but the fact he keeps ending up in them says something about the people around him.
We’ll briefly touch on the latest one, a lawsuit filed by Shawn Darling, who was a former employee of Shaq. An employee who sided with Shaq’s wife in their divorce and is now suing him. So, not the best employee ever. Darling’s lawsuit makes some wild allegations against the soon to be NBA analyst. We bring you these notes from the Sun Sentinel.
Well-known as a police buff, O’Neal called on his law enforcement pals to “frame [Darling] for possession of child pornography, have his house stormed by police, have him arrested for it, and have his computers confiscated while he is hauled off to jail as an accused child pornographer,” the complaint says.
“O’Neal and his henchmen would stop [at] nothing to get what O’Neal needed,” the lawsuit alleges.
The suit names active police officers as part of the conspiracy. The suit goes on to suggest that Shaq had a GPS tracking device put on his ex-wife’s car to make sure she was not talking to the woman he was having an affair with.
I have no idea how much if any of this is true. I don’t want to believe them. But as a beloved player Shaq was able to skate past these kind of allegations, it may not be that way as an analyst at TNT. Just a warning Shaq. You can ask Charles Barkley all about it.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6