Aug 4, 2011, 7:58 PM EST
Shaquille O’Neal has run in some questionable circles.
Not that I believe any of the lawsuit allegations made against him this summer — and there have been some so ridiculous we refused to run or link to them here — but the fact he keeps ending up in them says something about the people around him.
We’ll briefly touch on the latest one, a lawsuit filed by Shawn Darling, who was a former employee of Shaq. An employee who sided with Shaq’s wife in their divorce and is now suing him. So, not the best employee ever. Darling’s lawsuit makes some wild allegations against the soon to be NBA analyst. We bring you these notes from the Sun Sentinel.
Well-known as a police buff, O’Neal called on his law enforcement pals to “frame [Darling] for possession of child pornography, have his house stormed by police, have him arrested for it, and have his computers confiscated while he is hauled off to jail as an accused child pornographer,” the complaint says.
“O’Neal and his henchmen would stop [at] nothing to get what O’Neal needed,” the lawsuit alleges.
The suit names active police officers as part of the conspiracy. The suit goes on to suggest that Shaq had a GPS tracking device put on his ex-wife’s car to make sure she was not talking to the woman he was having an affair with.
I have no idea how much if any of this is true. I don’t want to believe them. But as a beloved player Shaq was able to skate past these kind of allegations, it may not be that way as an analyst at TNT. Just a warning Shaq. You can ask Charles Barkley all about it.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 8
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 6
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 17
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 47
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45