Aug 4, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you about reports out of Turkey that Trail Blazers back-up point guard Patty Mills was about to sign there to play during the lockout.
Mills wants you to know that is not the case. Not yet anyway.
“I just wanted to make it clear, there were some rumors going I just wanted to say that isn’t true,” Mills said. “I haven’t signed anywhere as yet. I have been in talks with teams in Europe and here in Australia, but not yet have I come to any agreement. Still in the process of making that decision and hopefully I’ll make a decision here in the next few weeks…
“For me, it’s an important period during this lockout. … It’s an opportunity to play a lot more and stay in the best physical condition. … What I’m looking for is to play somewhere that will allow me to have an out clause in my contract.”
So, he is not going to Turkey. Yet. But he may go there. Or somewhere else. Just as long as we’re all clear.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 9
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 28
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17