Aug 4, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you about reports out of Turkey that Trail Blazers back-up point guard Patty Mills was about to sign there to play during the lockout.
Mills wants you to know that is not the case. Not yet anyway.
“I just wanted to make it clear, there were some rumors going I just wanted to say that isn’t true,” Mills said. “I haven’t signed anywhere as yet. I have been in talks with teams in Europe and here in Australia, but not yet have I come to any agreement. Still in the process of making that decision and hopefully I’ll make a decision here in the next few weeks…
“For me, it’s an important period during this lockout. … It’s an opportunity to play a lot more and stay in the best physical condition. … What I’m looking for is to play somewhere that will allow me to have an out clause in my contract.”
So, he is not going to Turkey. Yet. But he may go there. Or somewhere else. Just as long as we’re all clear.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 0
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 7
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71