Aug 4, 2011, 8:55 PM EDT
Yesterday we told you about reports out of Turkey that Trail Blazers back-up point guard Patty Mills was about to sign there to play during the lockout.
Mills wants you to know that is not the case. Not yet anyway.
“I just wanted to make it clear, there were some rumors going I just wanted to say that isn’t true,” Mills said. “I haven’t signed anywhere as yet. I have been in talks with teams in Europe and here in Australia, but not yet have I come to any agreement. Still in the process of making that decision and hopefully I’ll make a decision here in the next few weeks…
“For me, it’s an important period during this lockout. … It’s an opportunity to play a lot more and stay in the best physical condition. … What I’m looking for is to play somewhere that will allow me to have an out clause in my contract.”
So, he is not going to Turkey. Yet. But he may go there. Or somewhere else. Just as long as we’re all clear.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 25
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 25
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9