Aug 4, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Last season, NBA 2K11 brought back vintage Michael Jordan, let you control His Airness and match his best Bulls teams against today’s teams. Even the Timberwolves.
It worked so well, 2K Sports (the company that makes the game) is taking it to the next level.
We showed you the covers to this year’s game — complete with Magic and Larry Bird — and now the details have come out: there will be 15 legends of the sport that will be part of the game, according to IGN.com (via Ben Golliver at Eye on Basketball).
Players announced so far are: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius “Dr. J” Erving, plus 10 other legends to be announced in the coming weeks. The historic games feature the entire team rosters, accurate stadiums, and are presented to look like TV broadcasts from their respective era.
To add icing to the cake, the classic teams can be unlocked and played in game against contemporary lineups. Kobe vs. Kareem. Dr. J vs. KG. Jordan vs. LeBron.
This should be really fun when it hits the streets this fall. And since it may be the only basketball we see we may obsess over it more than normal.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6