Aug 4, 2011, 11:22 AM EST
Last season, NBA 2K11 brought back vintage Michael Jordan, let you control His Airness and match his best Bulls teams against today’s teams. Even the Timberwolves.
It worked so well, 2K Sports (the company that makes the game) is taking it to the next level.
We showed you the covers to this year’s game — complete with Magic and Larry Bird — and now the details have come out: there will be 15 legends of the sport that will be part of the game, according to IGN.com (via Ben Golliver at Eye on Basketball).
Players announced so far are: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius “Dr. J” Erving, plus 10 other legends to be announced in the coming weeks. The historic games feature the entire team rosters, accurate stadiums, and are presented to look like TV broadcasts from their respective era.
To add icing to the cake, the classic teams can be unlocked and played in game against contemporary lineups. Kobe vs. Kareem. Dr. J vs. KG. Jordan vs. LeBron.
This should be really fun when it hits the streets this fall. And since it may be the only basketball we see we may obsess over it more than normal.
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 16
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 16
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 30
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 23
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6