Aug 4, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Last season, NBA 2K11 brought back vintage Michael Jordan, let you control His Airness and match his best Bulls teams against today’s teams. Even the Timberwolves.
It worked so well, 2K Sports (the company that makes the game) is taking it to the next level.
We showed you the covers to this year’s game — complete with Magic and Larry Bird — and now the details have come out: there will be 15 legends of the sport that will be part of the game, according to IGN.com (via Ben Golliver at Eye on Basketball).
Players announced so far are: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius “Dr. J” Erving, plus 10 other legends to be announced in the coming weeks. The historic games feature the entire team rosters, accurate stadiums, and are presented to look like TV broadcasts from their respective era.
To add icing to the cake, the classic teams can be unlocked and played in game against contemporary lineups. Kobe vs. Kareem. Dr. J vs. KG. Jordan vs. LeBron.
This should be really fun when it hits the streets this fall. And since it may be the only basketball we see we may obsess over it more than normal.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 21
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 15
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25