Aug 4, 2011, 11:22 AM EDT
Last season, NBA 2K11 brought back vintage Michael Jordan, let you control His Airness and match his best Bulls teams against today’s teams. Even the Timberwolves.
It worked so well, 2K Sports (the company that makes the game) is taking it to the next level.
We showed you the covers to this year’s game — complete with Magic and Larry Bird — and now the details have come out: there will be 15 legends of the sport that will be part of the game, according to IGN.com (via Ben Golliver at Eye on Basketball).
Players announced so far are: Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, and Julius “Dr. J” Erving, plus 10 other legends to be announced in the coming weeks. The historic games feature the entire team rosters, accurate stadiums, and are presented to look like TV broadcasts from their respective era.
To add icing to the cake, the classic teams can be unlocked and played in game against contemporary lineups. Kobe vs. Kareem. Dr. J vs. KG. Jordan vs. LeBron.
This should be really fun when it hits the streets this fall. And since it may be the only basketball we see we may obsess over it more than normal.
- Donald Sterling in court calls wife “pig,” promises to sue NBA “until I die” 0
- Report: LeBron James leaves meeting with Pat Riley without committing to Heat 55
- Report: Mavericks shake up Rockets’ free-agent plans, agree to offer sheet with Chandler Parsons 25
- Gregg Popovich agrees to extension with Spurs, likely stays past Tim Duncan era 14
- Report: Cavaliers want to swing Kevin Love trade if LeBron James comes to town 45
- NBA salary cap jumps nearly $5 million next year to $63 million, luxury tax line $76.8 million 7
- Report: Carmelo Anthony to choose New York, announcement Thursday. Agent denies. 72
- Reports: It’s LeBron, agent, Pat Riley alone in a room Wednesday afternoon In Vegas 52