Aug 4, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Darius Miles was not likely to be seen in the NBA again — Charlotte kicked the tires on him in training camp last season then waived him, and no team picked him up — but this certainly isn’t going to help his comeback chances.
Miles was arrested at Lambert Field, the primary St. Louis area airport, for trying to bring a loaded gun through security, according to stltoday.com.
Miles, 29, was arrested about 3:30 p.m. after Transportation Security Administration personnel discovered the weapon during an X-ray screening at the airport, according to information from a TSA spokeswoman and a jail official. Miles was arrested by St. Louis Airport police, then booked into the St. Louis County jail in Clayton later Wednesday evening….
Miles was booked about 8:30 p.m. on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said. He was to be booked and released pending application of a warrant on a formal criminal charge. He was not required to post bond.
There were no details about whether the gun was on his person or in his luggage. They type of gun also was not released.
Still, a loaded gun at the airport? That is not going to fly, so to speak. It’s a sign of immaturity, and that and balky knees are going to keep teams from giving him another chance.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15