Aug 4, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
Darius Miles was not likely to be seen in the NBA again — Charlotte kicked the tires on him in training camp last season then waived him, and no team picked him up — but this certainly isn’t going to help his comeback chances.
Miles was arrested at Lambert Field, the primary St. Louis area airport, for trying to bring a loaded gun through security, according to stltoday.com.
Miles, 29, was arrested about 3:30 p.m. after Transportation Security Administration personnel discovered the weapon during an X-ray screening at the airport, according to information from a TSA spokeswoman and a jail official. Miles was arrested by St. Louis Airport police, then booked into the St. Louis County jail in Clayton later Wednesday evening….
Miles was booked about 8:30 p.m. on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said. He was to be booked and released pending application of a warrant on a formal criminal charge. He was not required to post bond.
There were no details about whether the gun was on his person or in his luggage. They type of gun also was not released.
Still, a loaded gun at the airport? That is not going to fly, so to speak. It’s a sign of immaturity, and that and balky knees are going to keep teams from giving him another chance.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 5
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 17
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 6
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 6
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31