Aug 4, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
Darius Miles was not likely to be seen in the NBA again — Charlotte kicked the tires on him in training camp last season then waived him, and no team picked him up — but this certainly isn’t going to help his comeback chances.
Miles was arrested at Lambert Field, the primary St. Louis area airport, for trying to bring a loaded gun through security, according to stltoday.com.
Miles, 29, was arrested about 3:30 p.m. after Transportation Security Administration personnel discovered the weapon during an X-ray screening at the airport, according to information from a TSA spokeswoman and a jail official. Miles was arrested by St. Louis Airport police, then booked into the St. Louis County jail in Clayton later Wednesday evening….
Miles was booked about 8:30 p.m. on suspicion of unlawful use of a weapon, authorities said. He was to be booked and released pending application of a warrant on a formal criminal charge. He was not required to post bond.
There were no details about whether the gun was on his person or in his luggage. They type of gun also was not released.
Still, a loaded gun at the airport? That is not going to fly, so to speak. It’s a sign of immaturity, and that and balky knees are going to keep teams from giving him another chance.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37