Aug 3, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
But it turns out, Anadolu Efes would rather have Patty Mills (last seen as a guard off the Trail Blazers bench). That’s the word from Turkish reporter Ismail Senol on twitter, who said Dooling is now out with the team.
Blazers’ Patrick Mills has decided to take his talents to Turkey, where he will be pairing with Sasha Vujacic in Anadolu Efes.
Why Mills over Dooling? Because Dooling has one more year on his Bucks deal, so any contract in Turkey would need to contain an out clause so he could return to the NBA whenever the lockout is solved. Mills is a free agent (restricted, but still a free agent) so he can and has signed for a full season with no opt-out.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30