Aug 3, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
But it turns out, Anadolu Efes would rather have Patty Mills (last seen as a guard off the Trail Blazers bench). That’s the word from Turkish reporter Ismail Senol on twitter, who said Dooling is now out with the team.
Blazers’ Patrick Mills has decided to take his talents to Turkey, where he will be pairing with Sasha Vujacic in Anadolu Efes.
Why Mills over Dooling? Because Dooling has one more year on his Bucks deal, so any contract in Turkey would need to contain an out clause so he could return to the NBA whenever the lockout is solved. Mills is a free agent (restricted, but still a free agent) so he can and has signed for a full season with no opt-out.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10