Aug 3, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
But it turns out, Anadolu Efes would rather have Patty Mills (last seen as a guard off the Trail Blazers bench). That’s the word from Turkish reporter Ismail Senol on twitter, who said Dooling is now out with the team.
Blazers’ Patrick Mills has decided to take his talents to Turkey, where he will be pairing with Sasha Vujacic in Anadolu Efes.
Why Mills over Dooling? Because Dooling has one more year on his Bucks deal, so any contract in Turkey would need to contain an out clause so he could return to the NBA whenever the lockout is solved. Mills is a free agent (restricted, but still a free agent) so he can and has signed for a full season with no opt-out.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 33
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 16
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)