Aug 3, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
But it turns out, Anadolu Efes would rather have Patty Mills (last seen as a guard off the Trail Blazers bench). That’s the word from Turkish reporter Ismail Senol on twitter, who said Dooling is now out with the team.
Blazers’ Patrick Mills has decided to take his talents to Turkey, where he will be pairing with Sasha Vujacic in Anadolu Efes.
Why Mills over Dooling? Because Dooling has one more year on his Bucks deal, so any contract in Turkey would need to contain an out clause so he could return to the NBA whenever the lockout is solved. Mills is a free agent (restricted, but still a free agent) so he can and has signed for a full season with no opt-out.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13