Aug 3, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
But it turns out, Anadolu Efes would rather have Patty Mills (last seen as a guard off the Trail Blazers bench). That’s the word from Turkish reporter Ismail Senol on twitter, who said Dooling is now out with the team.
Blazers’ Patrick Mills has decided to take his talents to Turkey, where he will be pairing with Sasha Vujacic in Anadolu Efes.
Why Mills over Dooling? Because Dooling has one more year on his Bucks deal, so any contract in Turkey would need to contain an out clause so he could return to the NBA whenever the lockout is solved. Mills is a free agent (restricted, but still a free agent) so he can and has signed for a full season with no opt-out.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48