Aug 3, 2011, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s not going.
Now Beşiktaş is calling and the two sides will meet Thursday, according to multiple reports out of Turkey. The Turkish side of these talks has always been the leaky one and the one trying to milk the publicity, but it looks like the two sides will talk. Team President Yıldırım Demirören is flying to Los Angeles for the meeting.
I’m glad, because maybe when they finally do meet this sillyness can stop.
Deron Williams has already signed with Beşiktaş, and if Kobe were to sign overseas it would be some legitimate pressure on the owners — or at least the Buss family — to hurry the labor talks along. But it’s not going to happen. If you think Kobe — a man obsessed with winning and getting more rings for his collection, a man who wants to pass Jordan on the all time scoring list — is going to risk all that, risk serious injury and put more mileage on his body to play in Turkey for a team that’s not even in the EuroLeague, well then I have some land I want to sell you.
But the two sides will talk. Apparently Thursday in Los Angeles with Kobe’s agent Rob Pelinka in attendance. Good, talk and let’s put these rumors to bed.
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 2
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers 5
- LeBron’s game-winning layup at the overtime buzzer gives Heat Game 1 win over Pacers (VIDEO) 12
- Report: Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, may need surgery 4
- Report: Mavericks looking to move No. 13 pick to clear out cap space for run at Howard, CP3 30
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games