Aug 3, 2011, 10:12 AM EDT
Rafer Alston is out of the NBA — he played last season in China — but the man still knows how to make headlines.
The former NBA point guard is being sued over an alleged altercation from a year ago, according to the New York Post.
The former NBA athlete, 35, who’s originally from Jamaica, Queens, attacked fellow Perfection Gentleman’s Club patron Erick Franceschini, 32, of Milford, Conn., during a knock-down-drag-out free-for-all in July 2010, according to papers recently filed in Queens Supreme Court.
Alston smashed Franceschini with the bottle during a dispute that began in the Woodside, Queens, club and spilled out on the street, said Franceschini’s lawyer, John Rapawy.
Skip to my Lou indeed. According to the allegation Alston was not involved with the start of the fight in the club but hit Franceschini on the head when the incident spilled outside. On the night of the fight Alston was not arrested, although an assault complaint was filed against him.
I’m sure the fact Alston made more than $28 million in his 10-year NBA career is purely coincidental to the lawsuit.
Alston is a Queens native and played for a number of teams in the NBA including the Bucks, Rockets, Magic, Heat and Nets.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan “on verge ” of taking max deal to join Dallas Mavericks 10
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 10
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 7
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0