Aug 3, 2011, 7:55 PM EDT
Brandon Jennings has popped up at a couple East Coast Pro-Am runs this summer, but mostly he has been focused on his new internship.
Of course, it’s a pretty sweet internship. Way, way better than the one you had at 21.
Jennings is one of the star endorsers of Under Armour, and as an “intern” there this summer he is using their Baltimore facilities to work on his game, his strength and his vertical leap, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo. Plus help them with shoe designs and stuff.
He’s not living a hard knock life.
He has use of the CEO’s tricked-out Jeep, an expense-paid condo and a glass-enclosed office overlooking the city’s inner harbor – complete with a name plate that announces his official position: “Curator of Cool…”
“Right now we’re in lockout, so in Milwaukee we can’t use any of the facilities or talk to any of the NBA coaches,” Jennings said. “I felt like this is just a great opportunity and place for me where I can just focus and get better…”
To make Jennings feel at home in Baltimore, Under Armour rented him a condo, and Kevin Plank, the company’s CEO and founder, gave him the use of his Jeep. The company headquarters also have a 10,000-square-foot workout facility where Jennings spends time with trainer Nate Costa. Former Chicago Bulls guard Jay Williams has also been hired to come down from New York City during the week to put Jennings through basketball workouts.
Williams is trying to work on getting Jennings a more consistent jumper and getting him a midrange game. Combine those things with more strength and he has more options as he penetrates into the lane. The Bucks need that, their offense was terrible last season and needs more Jennings in the lane for things to start to turn around.
We’ll see if he can add all that to his game, but it looks like he’s got a pretty sweet gig this summer either way.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 14
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 6
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 15
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4