Aug 3, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
We just want to keep you up to date on World Peace. It’s not as far away as it seems.
Turns out we could have World Peace by Aug. 26. That’s when Ron Artest’s name could officially change to Metta World Peace. Don’t just take our word for it, we have the word of TMZ (via Ball Don’t Lie).
Long story short — anyone looking to officially change their name in the State of California has to get a public declaration of the name change PRINTED in a local newspaper 4 times — once a week, 4 weeks in a row.
On July 19th, Ron’s LAST declaration to become Metta World Peace was published in the L.A. Daily Commerce — but the name change won’t become official until August 26th … when a judge is scheduled to sign the order.
Time is running out to sell your Artest jerseys so you can buy a World Peace jersey. Well, once the lockout ends.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 4
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 22
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9