Aug 3, 2011, 8:12 AM EDT
We just want to keep you up to date on World Peace. It’s not as far away as it seems.
Turns out we could have World Peace by Aug. 26. That’s when Ron Artest’s name could officially change to Metta World Peace. Don’t just take our word for it, we have the word of TMZ (via Ball Don’t Lie).
Long story short — anyone looking to officially change their name in the State of California has to get a public declaration of the name change PRINTED in a local newspaper 4 times — once a week, 4 weeks in a row.
On July 19th, Ron’s LAST declaration to become Metta World Peace was published in the L.A. Daily Commerce — but the name change won’t become official until August 26th … when a judge is scheduled to sign the order.
Time is running out to sell your Artest jerseys so you can buy a World Peace jersey. Well, once the lockout ends.
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 22
- Extra Pass: Western Conference playoff field ought to be really good, but just how good? 1
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 16
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 8
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 29