Aug 2, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
It was a nondescript Monday in January that turned into a night that helped define legend of Kobe Bryant. The Lakers were struggling against the woeful Toronto Raptors and Kobe decided to put the team on his back, got on a role like no other, and dropped 81 points in one game.
We want you to relive it with the video below — the NBA 2K11 way.
The video game version has some quirks, pointed out by our man Andy Kamenetzky at ESPN’s Land O’ Lakers blog (and over at Lakers Nation). For one, look closely and you’ll see Pau Gasol on the bench, even though he wouldn’t join the Lakers for a couple years. Also, Smush Parker’s number is wrong (he’s 13 in the video game, No. 1 in real life — and our hearts).
It may not be perfect, but it’s better than another story about the league suing the union.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 7
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 10
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8