Aug 2, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
It was a nondescript Monday in January that turned into a night that helped define legend of Kobe Bryant. The Lakers were struggling against the woeful Toronto Raptors and Kobe decided to put the team on his back, got on a role like no other, and dropped 81 points in one game.
We want you to relive it with the video below — the NBA 2K11 way.
The video game version has some quirks, pointed out by our man Andy Kamenetzky at ESPN’s Land O’ Lakers blog (and over at Lakers Nation). For one, look closely and you’ll see Pau Gasol on the bench, even though he wouldn’t join the Lakers for a couple years. Also, Smush Parker’s number is wrong (he’s 13 in the video game, No. 1 in real life — and our hearts).
It may not be perfect, but it’s better than another story about the league suing the union.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 58
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10