Aug 2, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
It was a nondescript Monday in January that turned into a night that helped define legend of Kobe Bryant. The Lakers were struggling against the woeful Toronto Raptors and Kobe decided to put the team on his back, got on a role like no other, and dropped 81 points in one game.
We want you to relive it with the video below — the NBA 2K11 way.
The video game version has some quirks, pointed out by our man Andy Kamenetzky at ESPN’s Land O’ Lakers blog (and over at Lakers Nation). For one, look closely and you’ll see Pau Gasol on the bench, even though he wouldn’t join the Lakers for a couple years. Also, Smush Parker’s number is wrong (he’s 13 in the video game, No. 1 in real life — and our hearts).
It may not be perfect, but it’s better than another story about the league suing the union.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2