Aug 2, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
It was a nondescript Monday in January that turned into a night that helped define legend of Kobe Bryant. The Lakers were struggling against the woeful Toronto Raptors and Kobe decided to put the team on his back, got on a role like no other, and dropped 81 points in one game.
We want you to relive it with the video below — the NBA 2K11 way.
The video game version has some quirks, pointed out by our man Andy Kamenetzky at ESPN’s Land O’ Lakers blog (and over at Lakers Nation). For one, look closely and you’ll see Pau Gasol on the bench, even though he wouldn’t join the Lakers for a couple years. Also, Smush Parker’s number is wrong (he’s 13 in the video game, No. 1 in real life — and our hearts).
It may not be perfect, but it’s better than another story about the league suing the union.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12