Aug 2, 2011, 1:35 PM EDT
Suddenly it seems the NBA is a very fashion conscious league.
You have Amar’e Stoudemire getting his own fashion Web site. Dwyane Wade is having a documentary made about his fashion choices. But that’s not enough to suit Nick Young, who wants to be the face of NBA fashion.
“They don’t really have style (in the league), I tell all the young boys coming up to get slimmer, lose the baggy clothes and all that stuff. There’s really nothing that can be done for the vets, they’re too stuck in their ways now”, says Nick.
Nice. Those veterans will promise to work on their clothing choices if you promise to work on your shot selection, Mr. Young.
Also, notice in the photos in the magazine spread (at TBJ) that Young has the businessman tattoos (none where they show when he is not wearing his uniform).
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34