Aug 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant had his fantasy soccer weekend in Washington D.C.
On Sunday he played in the Mia Hamm-Nomar Garciaparra Celebrity Soccer Challenge and had two goals — well, the first was an own goal, but he atoned for it with a nice strike. He actually got some cheers from the crowd for his ball control and play.
Saturday night he was at the F.C. Barcelona match against Manchester United in our nation’s capital and at half time came out to take a penalty kick. And… well, watch for yourself, but that is a solid shot nobody is saving.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 10
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 26
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16