Aug 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EST
Kobe Bryant had his fantasy soccer weekend in Washington D.C.
On Sunday he played in the Mia Hamm-Nomar Garciaparra Celebrity Soccer Challenge and had two goals — well, the first was an own goal, but he atoned for it with a nice strike. He actually got some cheers from the crowd for his ball control and play.
Saturday night he was at the F.C. Barcelona match against Manchester United in our nation’s capital and at half time came out to take a penalty kick. And… well, watch for yourself, but that is a solid shot nobody is saving.
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 0
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 5
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 5
- Report: Danny Ainge telling other teams he won’t trade Rajon Rondo 8
- PBT Extra: How would the NBA benefit from legalized sports betting? 2
- NBPA ready to appeal Jeffery Taylor’s 24-game suspension 12
- Alex Len, No. 5 pick in a draft full of players who looked like busts as rookies, showing he doesn’t deserve the label 5
- PBT’s Wednesday night NBA Winners/Losers: Video of LeBron’s fumble, other tight finishes 14