Aug 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant had his fantasy soccer weekend in Washington D.C.
On Sunday he played in the Mia Hamm-Nomar Garciaparra Celebrity Soccer Challenge and had two goals — well, the first was an own goal, but he atoned for it with a nice strike. He actually got some cheers from the crowd for his ball control and play.
Saturday night he was at the F.C. Barcelona match against Manchester United in our nation’s capital and at half time came out to take a penalty kick. And… well, watch for yourself, but that is a solid shot nobody is saving.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 15
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 8
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4