Aug 1, 2011, 9:15 AM EDT
Kobe Bryant had his fantasy soccer weekend in Washington D.C.
On Sunday he played in the Mia Hamm-Nomar Garciaparra Celebrity Soccer Challenge and had two goals — well, the first was an own goal, but he atoned for it with a nice strike. He actually got some cheers from the crowd for his ball control and play.
Saturday night he was at the F.C. Barcelona match against Manchester United in our nation’s capital and at half time came out to take a penalty kick. And… well, watch for yourself, but that is a solid shot nobody is saving.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 0
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 4
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 12
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2