Really, this is a controversy? LeBron in an Akron T-shirt?

Aug 1, 2011, 10:13 PM EDT

lebron akron shirt

The photo of LeBron James at the right (the full length version is below) is basically a Rorschach test about what you think of LeBron.

Here are the facts: LeBron tweeted this photo of himself with two young children who did something very sweet — they raised money at a lemonade stand in Akron and donated it to LeBron’s foundation.

What irritated some was what LeBron is wearing — a T-shirt saying Akron (his home town) in the Miami Heat font, and a Heat hat. (Nike made the shirt by the way, bet they sold a dozen of those.)

Is LeBron clueless to what the masses (and many in Akron) think? Maybe. Is he just a slave to Nike. Maybe. Does he not care what any of you think? Probably. Is this really something worth getting worked up over. No.

Man, I can’t wait for the lockout to be over.

source:

1. nikaybee - Aug 1, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I don’t care who you are or where you at. You’re not a man if you dont represent where you from. Stop hating!!!

2. ispysomething7 - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I work right down the street from where he went to High School. People don’t care about him anymore. They’ve moved on. So should this website.

3. downtowndanny - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:47 AM

i bet those kids parents were bashing Lebron just like the rest of us…but somehow he’s cool now that he was there in person, people are so phony these days

4. flip2300 - Aug 2, 2011 at 1:14 AM

R u serious? People got to leave lebron alone already. He still loves his hometown. What’s wrong with that. The cavs f’d up should have gotten him help. They could’ve had a dynasty over there. Keep doing what u doing lebron F the haters.

5. ljl2 - Aug 2, 2011 at 1:38 AM

I wonder how many people would have ever heard about this if you didn’t put up the article? I’m from NE Ohio and have only heard about it from here. Too bad it didn’t stay a non-story here as well…

• secdominance - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM

that’s what I keep saying. The media is driving this story and blaming LeBron for it.

6. randysavage4ever - Aug 2, 2011 at 2:48 AM

YO MAN LEBRON BRINGS THE DRAMA ON HIMSELF for real, ive never seen a “superstar” shrivel like he did during the finals, it was pathetic, AFTER THAT PERFORMANCE SOMEONE ACTUALLY GOT A LEBRON TATTOO? – that person should never be taken serious in life again. judgement my friend, judgement, who told u they thought that was good idea?

and F kobe too for defending him, game 7 vs boston FIXED in 2010 – no way Lakers 30 shoot free throws in the 4th and the Celtics shoot like 7, check the disparity for accurate #’s, Shaq won 3 of those titles, so that leaves 1 legit NBA ring for Kobe by himself against a Magic team that choked game 2 and pretty much down the stretch in every game

both are whack, Im glad the Mavs waxed both of them this year

why are 2 white kids with him?

Maverick Carter – ur like Don King, ur the devil .

I didnt forget seeing u in MIA in the hot tub drinking with all the women chilling thinking u top dogg or something? -ha , ur man choked ,

and dewayne wade hooked up with Star Jones – really. google it , really? yes really. star jones can be confused with a man,

star jones kinda look like chris bosh who look like rupaul – no one’s buying the crying collapse on the way to the locker room after the finals, if u really wanted it that bad you would have went hard and fouled someone and wanted it more, like brian cardinal

dirk walking to the locker room with 2 seconds left in the game to shed tears of joy – that is what its all about

not 3 superstars joining on the same team to choke.

• blueintown - Aug 2, 2011 at 7:10 AM

You’ve got some serious issues, brother.

• ljl2 - Aug 2, 2011 at 6:09 PM

Count grammar among them.

• secdominance - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM

as LeBron said after the Finals, you’ll have to get back to your everyday lives as some point and realize you’re still miserable

• randysavage4ever - Aug 2, 2011 at 10:44 PM

@blueintown

how much of that Lebron contract money are you going to see?

Do you also swallow? hop off his D homie, Lebron James does not know you or care about you, “brother”

@ljl2

ur so cool to point out that i didnt use correct grammar on some random online blog, ur a square, point out my syntax too, way to co-sign to other squares comment, maybe both of you can have interracial with Lebron… ha, u probably get no gucci gucci, lame square.

@secdominance

Unlike you, I dont ride Lebrons D, so my life didnt stop during the NBA finals before , during or after. I already knew the Mavs were gonna take care of business, and they did. And speaking of my life, lets see here, good grass, busty women, getting paid like i robbed the bank….

what part is miserable again?

now u can understand why I can diss and be ignorant and talk ish, because to me NBA players arent jack, they are just athletes, and when I go to games and sit courtside I’m quick to talk ish too , like Spike , I dont care, i’ve been escorted out twice yeah , who cares, you just do you…Imma do me – ha

I’m on 1.

and you need to stop sweating my posts, i’m glad that it mad u all so mad that i dissed ur boyfriend Lebron James to the point you all had to come with that CORNY SQUARE comeback lines…

ha, I win. Like the Mavs, and ya’ll lose like Lebron.

• randysavage4ever - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:13 PM

geez I’m too harsh, sometimes I write stuff and re-read it the next day like I wrote that?

sorry for real ya’ll , not even being sarcastic and stuff

I’m an A-hole sometimes (lotta times) , I need to chill out , its not that serious

my bad.

ps- dont take anything personal , its not like I know ya’ll or anything , like it matters, haha , its not like u all even care anyways , just that I should never have such anger when writing – crazy.

• ljl2 - Aug 4, 2011 at 10:36 PM

I think it was really funny that throughout this that you think people were talking to you were angry because they are LeBron apologists and don’t get that it’s about you sounding like an idiot.

Maybe come on here more frequently and realize that people, like myself, actually despise LeBron and Kurt’s man-love for him.

• cosanostra71 - Aug 3, 2011 at 2:47 AM

is your memory so short that you forgot Leon Powe and the 2008 NBA Finals?

• randysavage4ever - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:06 PM

^^^^ haha hey ur right on that 1 homie,

yeah game 2 was some BS, I think game 6 was some BS too

so maybe it shoulda been switched , Lakers win in 2008, and Celts in 2010

dont get me wrong I love Phil Jackson, greatest coach in sports history.

But I am also a basketball purist and realist when I’m not just joking around on PBT trying to get a rise outta people , which I did….

and to be honest, It felt like a “dirty” win game 7, the calls were clearly going Lakers way – youtube it, and vice versa watch game 2 and game 6 of the ’08 finals on youtube – shady in favor of the Celts…

how did the Lakers beat a TOUGH Boston team in game 7 with Kobe ice cold in the 4th and throughout the game? they got a ton of free throws -and gasol missed a bunch too!

I will always remember the Rasheed and Artest and Rondo 3’s back to back to back… Rasheeds elbow fist pump – classic, Artest – kiss to the sky – classic,

and for Rondo of all people to hit a 3 to keep the C’s in it… crazy.

7. metalhead65 - Aug 2, 2011 at 10:24 AM

and so the unending love of Lebron from his #1 fan Kurt continues. ever think about a vacation Kurt? it would do you and the readers of lebron talk, I mean heat talk. I’m sorry I mean lebron/heat talk,no wait sorry pro basketball talk allot of good to.

8. asublimeday - Aug 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM

That “slave to nike” comment is going to get blown way out of proportion/context.

9. asublimeday - Aug 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

Seriously though, Lebron is only a slave to his ego

10. dirtybird2020 - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Well said randy the salvage, agreed on some points!!!! Lebron blows hes a disgrace to akron! Kinda like cuban layers who come here their only liked by other traders who come here, where traders go most miami!!!! And f lebron fans! You ride this doosh bags nuts so hard there turning

11. dirtybird2020 - Aug 2, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Colors ! I love how you think this guys gonna bring u something like he promised the cavs haha, akron hates u buddy u cant be seen there so u have kids do a fundraiser for u there! Piece of sh!t!

12. fouldwimmerlaik - Aug 2, 2011 at 2:57 PM

It is only news because Lebron is a total D-Bag.

13. seattlesuperchronic - Aug 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM

LeBron is fresh and funky, that’s what I take from that picture. So fresh, so funky.

14. involvement82 - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Randy is funny

15. involvement82 - Aug 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM

I think it’s funny how that white boy is leaning against lebron’s meat pole

16. randysavage4ever - Aug 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM

**** FOR THE RECORD*****

I was just pullin some strings with the Lebron post, ya’ll took it soooo serious like he is paying ya’ll…

truth is as a b-ball fan I was disappointed he didnt come to play the last few games of the series, that said , I think he will bounce back and win some rings, I mean airballing a floater he usually hits in his sleep, the missed free throws, not taking it to the rack like in game 1 , ALOTTA problems I had with Lebrons aggressiveness

There were times I felt he was irrelevant and FORGOT he was on the court in the finals, a player of his caliber? – thats absurd

I stand by my ether disses to the rest of ya’ll and the diss to Maverick Carter, sleezeballs like him ruin AAU and basketball for kids growing up

(SEE BLUE CHIPS – NICK NOLTE FINAL SCENE)

greed – its about money

cant wait till next season!

17. southbeachtalent - Aug 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM

randy

-seek help.

• randysavage4ever - Aug 3, 2011 at 5:02 PM

dang I try to be the nice guy and thats what I get

HERE’S A THOUGHT TO EVERYONE HERE…

ESPECIALLY YOU FOOL – southbeachlebronboyfriend

SEEK MONEY

MONEY

MONEY

the same thing Lebron does and all NBA stars do

anyone who says money hasn’t changed them, hasn’t MADE ENOUGH

thats why I can say crazy stuff all day, because my paper long, how many court side games have you been at? no no no – LIKE REALLY

how many?

ok , get your paper up then come back and say something, i can say whatever I want, broke bum .

now here comes the responses “oh I got money too , ur not special” , no u dont , not money like me , yeah so what I inherited most of it , but what wealthy punk kid hasn’t who has the audacity to say the stuff I say…

so fall back , before I pay someone to find your IP address and start messing with your life just for fun.

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches