Aug 1, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT
Someday the Toronto Raptors are going to hire a GM.
That day is not in the near future, but the process is slowly grinding forward. Not that there is any real pressure due to the lockout.
Apparently they have got some candidates in mind to join Bryan Colangelo running the Raptors, and eventually they will interview them. So reports David Aldridge at NBA.com.
Don’t expect any movement on the Toronto general manager’s search for a couple of weeks. Team president Bryan Colangelo was in Europe last week and won’t start whittling down his group of candidates until the middle of the month. Sixers GM Ed Stefanski, former Hornets GM and coach Jeff Bower and Spurs assistant GM Dennis Lindsey are among the candidates, but former Blazers general manager Kevin Pritchard is also believed to be in the hunt and is a strong candidate. Pritchard took a player personnel job with the Pacers earlier this summer, but has an out in his deal that would allow him to leave if a GM job became available.
That’s a good list of well-respected basketball minds. They could all help the Raptors. The impression, with Larry Bird likely leaving the Pacers after next season, is that Pritchard will get the chance to move up with that team. And there are questions about how much freedom any of these men will have with Colangelo still there. But still, a good list to start with. Once they really start looking.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4