Aug 1, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
You thought the Kobe Bryant to Turkey rumors were over. You still don’t get it, do you? They will find him! That’s what they do! That’s ALL they do! You can’t stop them! They can’t be reasoned with. They don’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever!
The day after Kobe said he had not talked to the Turkish club in weeks and seemed dismissive of the whole idea, the cockroach or rumors, Kobe to Besiktas, are back thanks to reports out of Turkey.
Here is the report form Sportando:
According to Obrad Fimic of Alti Sport who is negotiating with Besiktas on behalf of Rob Pelinka of Land Mark Sports, and Kobe Bryant he meeting is set to take place this week in L.A between Besiktas and Rob Pelinka. The President of Besiktas, who is really serious in having Kobe Bryant on his team, will fly to L.A. for this meeting.
Pelinka is Kobe’s long-time agent, he would have any first meeting with Besiktas officials.
Look, this is not happening. We keep going over it and over it, and it makes no sense for Kobe. But Besiktas officials are Terminator persistent. Good for them. They should enjoy having Deron Williams next season, but they are not going to get an NBA All-Star backcourt. Not with Kobe anyway.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 2
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 16
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)