Aug 1, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
You thought the Kobe Bryant to Turkey rumors were over. You still don’t get it, do you? They will find him! That’s what they do! That’s ALL they do! You can’t stop them! They can’t be reasoned with. They don’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever!
The day after Kobe said he had not talked to the Turkish club in weeks and seemed dismissive of the whole idea, the cockroach or rumors, Kobe to Besiktas, are back thanks to reports out of Turkey.
Here is the report form Sportando:
According to Obrad Fimic of Alti Sport who is negotiating with Besiktas on behalf of Rob Pelinka of Land Mark Sports, and Kobe Bryant he meeting is set to take place this week in L.A between Besiktas and Rob Pelinka. The President of Besiktas, who is really serious in having Kobe Bryant on his team, will fly to L.A. for this meeting.
Pelinka is Kobe’s long-time agent, he would have any first meeting with Besiktas officials.
Look, this is not happening. We keep going over it and over it, and it makes no sense for Kobe. But Besiktas officials are Terminator persistent. Good for them. They should enjoy having Deron Williams next season, but they are not going to get an NBA All-Star backcourt. Not with Kobe anyway.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 7
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 5
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 6
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10