Aug 1, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
You thought the Kobe Bryant to Turkey rumors were over. You still don’t get it, do you? They will find him! That’s what they do! That’s ALL they do! You can’t stop them! They can’t be reasoned with. They don’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever!
The day after Kobe said he had not talked to the Turkish club in weeks and seemed dismissive of the whole idea, the cockroach or rumors, Kobe to Besiktas, are back thanks to reports out of Turkey.
Here is the report form Sportando:
According to Obrad Fimic of Alti Sport who is negotiating with Besiktas on behalf of Rob Pelinka of Land Mark Sports, and Kobe Bryant he meeting is set to take place this week in L.A between Besiktas and Rob Pelinka. The President of Besiktas, who is really serious in having Kobe Bryant on his team, will fly to L.A. for this meeting.
Pelinka is Kobe’s long-time agent, he would have any first meeting with Besiktas officials.
Look, this is not happening. We keep going over it and over it, and it makes no sense for Kobe. But Besiktas officials are Terminator persistent. Good for them. They should enjoy having Deron Williams next season, but they are not going to get an NBA All-Star backcourt. Not with Kobe anyway.
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 8
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 63
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 20