Aug 1, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
Has anyone had more rumors flying around about him during the lockout than Ron Artest?
There were the Dancing with the Stars rumors. The “he will play in England” rumors. There were the rumors he was changing his name to Metta World Peace, which were not rumors. There was the stand up comedy rumors, which turned out not to be rumors as he did a comedy tour.
Some of those rumors were true, but all of them? Artest was up front about everything (as he always tends to be) in an interview with Janice Carr of the Orange County Register. And to start with, he may not be dancing with any stars.
“I like the show, but no one has ever contacted me. I haven’t even thought about it,” Artest said. “Obviously, you to dance. I play defense, but I don’t know if I can dance.”
Well, he can’t dance much worse than some of the people on that show. Those rumors came from TMZ and may well have come out of brainstorming from the DWTS side. The show did approach Shawn Marion of the Mavericks, but he shot it down.
There was no discussion of England, but he did address the rumors that he and his wife Kimsha had divorced more than a year ago. He did dance around that question.
“We’ve been together for 14 years. It doesn’t matter what our status is. We’re together. But we’re going to get married again. We’re planning to get married again. A nice big wedding. We’re good though” he said.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)