Aug 1, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Has anyone had more rumors flying around about him during the lockout than Ron Artest?
There were the Dancing with the Stars rumors. The “he will play in England” rumors. There were the rumors he was changing his name to Metta World Peace, which were not rumors. There was the stand up comedy rumors, which turned out not to be rumors as he did a comedy tour.
Some of those rumors were true, but all of them? Artest was up front about everything (as he always tends to be) in an interview with Janice Carr of the Orange County Register. And to start with, he may not be dancing with any stars.
“I like the show, but no one has ever contacted me. I haven’t even thought about it,” Artest said. “Obviously, you to dance. I play defense, but I don’t know if I can dance.”
Well, he can’t dance much worse than some of the people on that show. Those rumors came from TMZ and may well have come out of brainstorming from the DWTS side. The show did approach Shawn Marion of the Mavericks, but he shot it down.
There was no discussion of England, but he did address the rumors that he and his wife Kimsha had divorced more than a year ago. He did dance around that question.
“We’ve been together for 14 years. It doesn’t matter what our status is. We’re together. But we’re going to get married again. We’re planning to get married again. A nice big wedding. We’re good though” he said.
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (92)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (61)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay