Aug 1, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Has anyone had more rumors flying around about him during the lockout than Ron Artest?
There were the Dancing with the Stars rumors. The “he will play in England” rumors. There were the rumors he was changing his name to Metta World Peace, which were not rumors. There was the stand up comedy rumors, which turned out not to be rumors as he did a comedy tour.
Some of those rumors were true, but all of them? Artest was up front about everything (as he always tends to be) in an interview with Janice Carr of the Orange County Register. And to start with, he may not be dancing with any stars.
“I like the show, but no one has ever contacted me. I haven’t even thought about it,” Artest said. “Obviously, you to dance. I play defense, but I don’t know if I can dance.”
Well, he can’t dance much worse than some of the people on that show. Those rumors came from TMZ and may well have come out of brainstorming from the DWTS side. The show did approach Shawn Marion of the Mavericks, but he shot it down.
There was no discussion of England, but he did address the rumors that he and his wife Kimsha had divorced more than a year ago. He did dance around that question.
“We’ve been together for 14 years. It doesn’t matter what our status is. We’re together. But we’re going to get married again. We’re planning to get married again. A nice big wedding. We’re good though” he said.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7