Aug 1, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Has anyone had more rumors flying around about him during the lockout than Ron Artest?
There were the Dancing with the Stars rumors. The “he will play in England” rumors. There were the rumors he was changing his name to Metta World Peace, which were not rumors. There was the stand up comedy rumors, which turned out not to be rumors as he did a comedy tour.
Some of those rumors were true, but all of them? Artest was up front about everything (as he always tends to be) in an interview with Janice Carr of the Orange County Register. And to start with, he may not be dancing with any stars.
“I like the show, but no one has ever contacted me. I haven’t even thought about it,” Artest said. “Obviously, you to dance. I play defense, but I don’t know if I can dance.”
Well, he can’t dance much worse than some of the people on that show. Those rumors came from TMZ and may well have come out of brainstorming from the DWTS side. The show did approach Shawn Marion of the Mavericks, but he shot it down.
There was no discussion of England, but he did address the rumors that he and his wife Kimsha had divorced more than a year ago. He did dance around that question.
“We’ve been together for 14 years. It doesn’t matter what our status is. We’re together. But we’re going to get married again. We’re planning to get married again. A nice big wedding. We’re good though” he said.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 46
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3