Jul 31, 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
This is another problem that can in part be chalked up to the lockout.
Except, Evans and Fredette basically play the same position (both are shoot-first point guards, at least that’s what we think Fredette will be). Evans wants to know how the coach plans to use them both, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“I don’t know how we are playing it,” Evans said. “Am I going to be the point? Is he going to be the point? At the end of the day, whatever one they lead me to, I’m just ready.”
The problem is, in the frenzied week after the draft team officials didn’t talk to Evans about this, and now due to the lockout they can’t talk to him at all. Evans could get a lot of these questions answered in a simple five-minute phone call with coach Paul Westphal, if they could have it. But the Kings coach is not about to risk the wrath of David Stern to do so during the lockout.
The Kings have some interesting talent next season. They’ll have a healthy Evans, and when he can’t create they now have John Salmons as second guy who can get his own shot. DeMarcus Cousins and J.J. Hickson make a young, interesting front line with a world of talent and question marks. They’ll probably re-sign Marcus Thornton to start at the two next to Evans.
The question is how all of that will fit together and what roles everyone would play. We won’t get answers until they all get on the court together.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 1
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6