Jul 31, 2011, 10:29 AM EST
This is another problem that can in part be chalked up to the lockout.
Except, Evans and Fredette basically play the same position (both are shoot-first point guards, at least that’s what we think Fredette will be). Evans wants to know how the coach plans to use them both, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“I don’t know how we are playing it,” Evans said. “Am I going to be the point? Is he going to be the point? At the end of the day, whatever one they lead me to, I’m just ready.”
The problem is, in the frenzied week after the draft team officials didn’t talk to Evans about this, and now due to the lockout they can’t talk to him at all. Evans could get a lot of these questions answered in a simple five-minute phone call with coach Paul Westphal, if they could have it. But the Kings coach is not about to risk the wrath of David Stern to do so during the lockout.
The Kings have some interesting talent next season. They’ll have a healthy Evans, and when he can’t create they now have John Salmons as second guy who can get his own shot. DeMarcus Cousins and J.J. Hickson make a young, interesting front line with a world of talent and question marks. They’ll probably re-sign Marcus Thornton to start at the two next to Evans.
The question is how all of that will fit together and what roles everyone would play. We won’t get answers until they all get on the court together.
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 0
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 9
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 8
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)