Jul 31, 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
This is another problem that can in part be chalked up to the lockout.
Except, Evans and Fredette basically play the same position (both are shoot-first point guards, at least that’s what we think Fredette will be). Evans wants to know how the coach plans to use them both, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“I don’t know how we are playing it,” Evans said. “Am I going to be the point? Is he going to be the point? At the end of the day, whatever one they lead me to, I’m just ready.”
The problem is, in the frenzied week after the draft team officials didn’t talk to Evans about this, and now due to the lockout they can’t talk to him at all. Evans could get a lot of these questions answered in a simple five-minute phone call with coach Paul Westphal, if they could have it. But the Kings coach is not about to risk the wrath of David Stern to do so during the lockout.
The Kings have some interesting talent next season. They’ll have a healthy Evans, and when he can’t create they now have John Salmons as second guy who can get his own shot. DeMarcus Cousins and J.J. Hickson make a young, interesting front line with a world of talent and question marks. They’ll probably re-sign Marcus Thornton to start at the two next to Evans.
The question is how all of that will fit together and what roles everyone would play. We won’t get answers until they all get on the court together.
- Report: Jeff Hornacek has agreed to terms with Suns to become their new head coach 6
- Heat/Pacers preview: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up? 12
- LeBron had two key late game turnovers, Jordan would never have… oh, yes he did (VIDEO) 49
- Gregg Popovich explains benching all five starters after sluggish start to Game 3 against the Grizzlies 11
- Tony Parker, Spurs penetration is puzzle Grizzlies can’t solve 7
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (101)
- For second time in three years Cavaliers win NBA draft lottery (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni (62)
- Pacers broadcaster rips Miami Heat fans, calls them ‘losers’ for leaving Game 2 early (62)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 6
- LIVE: Pacers, Heat jockey for series lead
- MST: Kanaan wins 97th Indianapolis 500
- PBT: Will the real Dwyane Wade please stand up?
- PBT: Popovich pulls all the right strings in Game 3
- Golf: Weekley wins first title since 2008 at Colonial
- Roger Clemens still dogged by NY steroids case