Jul 31, 2011, 10:29 AM EDT
This is another problem that can in part be chalked up to the lockout.
Except, Evans and Fredette basically play the same position (both are shoot-first point guards, at least that’s what we think Fredette will be). Evans wants to know how the coach plans to use them both, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo.
“I don’t know how we are playing it,” Evans said. “Am I going to be the point? Is he going to be the point? At the end of the day, whatever one they lead me to, I’m just ready.”
The problem is, in the frenzied week after the draft team officials didn’t talk to Evans about this, and now due to the lockout they can’t talk to him at all. Evans could get a lot of these questions answered in a simple five-minute phone call with coach Paul Westphal, if they could have it. But the Kings coach is not about to risk the wrath of David Stern to do so during the lockout.
The Kings have some interesting talent next season. They’ll have a healthy Evans, and when he can’t create they now have John Salmons as second guy who can get his own shot. DeMarcus Cousins and J.J. Hickson make a young, interesting front line with a world of talent and question marks. They’ll probably re-sign Marcus Thornton to start at the two next to Evans.
The question is how all of that will fit together and what roles everyone would play. We won’t get answers until they all get on the court together.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20