Jul 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EST
This never made a lot of sense to us anyway — why would Kobe Bryant, a man obsessed with winning another NBA ring, risk injury and put more mileage on his knees to play in Turkey for Besiktas (the team that signed Deron Williams)?
Source: Kobe Bryant has not spoken with Turkish team in 2 wks. Current chance he plays there in fall: “zero percent.”
This does makes sense. Don’t be shocked if you see Kobe doing some exhibition tours — he still has a global brand to promote, some Nike’s to sell — but playing in another country, that just doesn’t make sense.
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 0
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 5
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 30