Jul 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
This never made a lot of sense to us anyway — why would Kobe Bryant, a man obsessed with winning another NBA ring, risk injury and put more mileage on his knees to play in Turkey for Besiktas (the team that signed Deron Williams)?
Source: Kobe Bryant has not spoken with Turkish team in 2 wks. Current chance he plays there in fall: “zero percent.”
This does makes sense. Don’t be shocked if you see Kobe doing some exhibition tours — he still has a global brand to promote, some Nike’s to sell — but playing in another country, that just doesn’t make sense.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 32
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23