Jul 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
This never made a lot of sense to us anyway — why would Kobe Bryant, a man obsessed with winning another NBA ring, risk injury and put more mileage on his knees to play in Turkey for Besiktas (the team that signed Deron Williams)?
Source: Kobe Bryant has not spoken with Turkish team in 2 wks. Current chance he plays there in fall: “zero percent.”
This does makes sense. Don’t be shocked if you see Kobe doing some exhibition tours — he still has a global brand to promote, some Nike’s to sell — but playing in another country, that just doesn’t make sense.
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 32
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 52
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 8