Jul 31, 2011, 3:01 PM EDT
This never made a lot of sense to us anyway — why would Kobe Bryant, a man obsessed with winning another NBA ring, risk injury and put more mileage on his knees to play in Turkey for Besiktas (the team that signed Deron Williams)?
Source: Kobe Bryant has not spoken with Turkish team in 2 wks. Current chance he plays there in fall: “zero percent.”
This does makes sense. Don’t be shocked if you see Kobe doing some exhibition tours — he still has a global brand to promote, some Nike’s to sell — but playing in another country, that just doesn’t make sense.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 15
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18